• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BRP Ice Scratchers

I had duraflex cables mounted on my skis with Travis brackets thank god. Crossed a railroad bridge with them in stow position and they got ripped right off. Thank god I had those bracket vs a style like Trail Blizzer Qualipieces that mount direct to the ski. Surely would have had ski damage.

For this year I switched out my ice scratchers from the tunnel ones to the BRP rail ice scratchers. When I took my skid out this year, I noticed the bolt holes on the hanger for the upper iddler wheels were egged out a bit, which concerned me, so I am going a different route this year to see how these work. I only had to drill one additional hole which was nice.
View attachment 156456

For the front bolt in the scratcher, the one that goes through the larger space in the rail, did you put an extra washer or anything behind it to keep it snug?

For the front bolt in the scratcher, the one that goes through the larger space in the rail, did you put an extra washer or anything behind it to keep it snug?

No I did not put any extra washer behind it. Wouldn't be a bad idea to put one there!

No I did not put any extra washer behind it. Wouldn't be a bad idea to put one there!
I just bought the exact scratchers and mounting them the same as you have u noticed the scratchers rubbing the track at all it kinda looks like they would

Bringing this thread up again. I installed the doo rail mounted scratchers last season after reading the info on here, but one of them broke. It was very icy that day so could have been a one-off issue, but I was thinking of trying the tunnel mounted scratchers instead. Anyone had any issues with those? I like that they have carbide tips and are away from the rails.

Bringing this thread up again. I installed the doo rail mounted scratchers last season after reading the info on here, but one of them broke. It was very icy that day so could have been a one-off issue, but I was thinking of trying the tunnel mounted scratchers instead. Anyone had any issues with those? I like that they have carbide tips and are away from the rails.
I installed these last year but never ended up needing to drop them.

IMG-1125.jpg

IMG-1127.jpg

Does the mount bolt for that replace the bolt that holds the suspension up at the rear? I'm assuming it doesn't but it kind of looks like that in the picture. If so wouldn't that be a bad idea to put more stress on that bolt?

It does replace the bolt that mounts the rear suspension but there is a sleeve the spring rides on. I don't think it causes undue stress on the bolt. The bolt needed is a different size than what comes with the kit. I'll have to do some digging to find the specs if you go this route.

It does replace the bolt that mounts the rear suspension but there is a sleeve the spring rides on. I don't think it causes undue stress on the bolt. The bolt needed is a different size than what comes with the kit. I'll have to do some digging to find the specs if you go this route.
The original poster mentioned this:

The bolt that I used to mount the ice scratchers was: M10X1.25X90.

About the stress on the bolt - I was just wondering if you somehow snagged the scratcher on something, if you'd be in a tough spot if you bent that bolt or something in the middle of nowhere. I don't have my sled nearby so I cant look at it - maybe that's not something to be concerned about.

Those would be nice if they mounted to the bottom of the footwell with some type of mount.

The original poster mentioned this:

The bolt that I used to mount the ice scratchers was: M10X1.25X90.

About the stress on the bolt - I was just wondering if you somehow snagged the scratcher on something, if you'd be in a tough spot if you bent that bolt or something in the middle of nowhere. I don't have my sled nearby so I cant look at it - maybe that's not something to be concerned about.
I suppose anything is possible. On the BRP side, I've not heard of issues like you describe.

I’m running the tunnel ones that Mount through skid bolt on two sleds this year. I have already mounted On one sled. The bolts I used are available through country cat.

Last edited:

Back