• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BRP Ice Scratchers

I recently went this route. Word of caution anyone using them, the carbide tip when in stored position, using the supplied mounts without alteration, stick under the tunnel. You would think geesh they are miles away from track, but, if you hit large bump or ride 2-up at all, the track coming around with hit the tip of scratchers. Took me a while to figure out what the hell was making that noise. SO, i just rode all day with them down lol. I think they throw snow bit too far back as well, might still be fine but i stood up and looked back and the rooster tail is way back. By looking at the picture of jonlafon1's here, looks like the keeper has been bent outwards slightly to prevent the tips from being stuck under the tunnel, am I wrong jonlafon?
Pictures ?

Not sure how you hit them? Where I mounted mine the track can’t hit them. To bottom out that far I would have to jump off a building. Did you mount the tab that holds them backwards? Like so they angle inward towards tunnel?
I think mine look the same other than yours look like they point outward a tiny bit more. If you see my other post reg bottoming out, maybe that’s why I have issues but ya I definitely hitting them and sounds horrible.

I mounted some this season and I have to admit I haven't been reading any post on here in quite some time other than PM'S. I didn't know my bud Jon had mounted these or I probly would have done them up exactly the same, but not knowing I mounted mine in the most forward slot in that upper idler bracket. I wanted them as far forward as I could get them. As it turns out I never needed them on my 8 day trip to the County, but I'm still glad they were there just in case.

I mounted some this season and I have to admit I haven't been reading any post on here in quite some time other than PM'S. I didn't know my bud Jon had mounted these or I probly would have done them up exactly the same, but not knowing I mounted mine in the most forward slot in that upper idler bracket. I wanted them as far forward as I could get them. As it turns out I never needed them on my 8 day trip to the County, but I'm still glad they were there just in case.
They work awesome. The snow gets kicked up onto top of rear track. Thrown right into heat exchanger. I tried them all over the years. By far the best IMO. THE tips do wear out if you use them a lot. My riding crew sometimes just used 1 down and it was enough.

I think mine look the same other than yours look like they point outward a tiny bit more. If you see my other post reg bottoming out, maybe that’s why I have issues but ya I definitely hitting them and sounds horrible.
Can you post pics ?

I will see how much ice is on them and get a pic.
Mainly the bracket that holds the scratcher in the up position. Seems maybe you have the bracket mounted incorrectly. The plate is mounted so the holder is outside the tunnel.

Pics

Attachments

• 4F17C576-E1CA-4606-B740-144E2D91F3B3.jpeg
    4F17C576-E1CA-4606-B740-144E2D91F3B3.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 83611088-DC82-4365-B0C2-D051E9256A0B.jpeg
    83611088-DC82-4365-B0C2-D051E9256A0B.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 425CC3FB-6FAF-4290-9CEB-119463C2EDAF.jpeg
    425CC3FB-6FAF-4290-9CEB-119463C2EDAF.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 103
I don’t think I would hit them if I bottomed that hard. Sounds like if your bottoming that bad you need different torsion spring in back.

The track to hit, the sled would not only have to bottom out further than I have seen, it would have to move over quite a bit.

Back