• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bulkhead Repair & Saver Kits. In stock ready to ship.

Forgot that the bolts were cap type. So, you will have to take the kit off at least on the side you want to change an arm on. I never had a problem hanging onto my nuts :tg:

Blue Dave said:
Yes, you are correct. The saver plates not only keep the bolts from spinning but it also keeps them from moving forward because the plate covers the bolt head "lip" which extends beyond the hex.

However because you do not need to remove the A arms or bolt nuts to install the saver kit your nuts will still be installed. Going to the trouble to remove the nuts just so that you will not have to possibly remove them again sometime in the future is actually more work than required and makes no sense to me.

My point is that when you are installing the "saver" kit it is presumed that you are doing this as a preventative measure rather than to repair damage caused by a bent A arm. Therefore there is no need to remove the A arm bolt nuts in the first place. If you do not need to remove them to install the saver kit why wouldn't you want to keep the nuts installed. Why create extra work? Am I missing something here?

Blue Dave said:
Blue Dave said:
Yes, you are correct. The saver plates not only keep the bolts from spinning but it also keeps them from moving forward because the plate covers the bolt head "lip" which extends beyond the hex.

However because you do not need to remove the A arms or bolt nuts to install the saver kit your nuts will still be installed. Going to the trouble to remove the nuts just so that you will not have to possibly remove them again sometime in the future is actually more work than required and makes no sense to me.

My point is that when you are installing the "saver" kit it is presumed that you are doing this as a preventative measure rather than to repair damage caused by a bent A arm. Therefore there is no need to remove the A arm bolt nuts in the first place. If you do not need to remove them to install the saver kit why wouldn't you want to keep the nuts installed. Why create extra work? Am I missing something here?
I understood your first post Dave, there was no need to repost it imo. :rofl: (joking of course)

Edit: Almost forgot, I received my kit in the mail today!
Thanks again Travis. ;)!

Is there anything that can be done for the rear tabs on the bulkhead. I have had the bushings break out of the bulkhead and oval and crack the tabs. I see how this kit will help the front, will it do anything for the rear?

HighSpeedLowDrag said:
With this kit the a arm bolts will be retained from the front of the bulkhead and the nuts will be unnecessary. The arms can be removed and replaced without pulling the airbox and battery and dropping the nuts under the engine.

I thought the same thing, but what if a rear bush were to work its way loose and fall out?

yamaha convert said:
HighSpeedLowDrag said:
With this kit the a arm bolts will be retained from the front of the bulkhead and the nuts will be unnecessary. The arms can be removed and replaced without pulling the airbox and battery and dropping the nuts under the engine.

I thought the same thing, but what if a rear bush were to work its way loose and fall out?

Another good reason to keep your nuts. LOL! Again, I do not understand why anyone would go to the trouble to remove the nuts in the first place when it is totally unnecessary to remove the nuts in order to install the saver kit.

insane said:
Is there anything that can be done for the rear tabs on the bulkhead. I have had the bushings break out of the bulkhead and oval and crack the tabs. I see how this kit will help the front, will it do anything for the rear?

This kits will not be able to repair the damaged rear holes. If you would have had a saver kit installed on your sled it would have prevented the issue you currently have. The bulkhead bushings will not wear out with a saver kit installed because the bolts no longer can pivot and wear out the bulkhead bushing.

Started out with a small order to get started and are now sold out. We have been getting good feedback so far and have materials arriving to build 100 more kits.

hibshman25 said:
Started out with a small order to get started and are now sold out. We have been getting good feedback so far and have materials arriving to build 100 more kits.

Glad to hear you are doing well with them Travis! ;)!

Just finished installing the kit and all went well, very easy too!

Thanks Travis, great invention!! ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0046 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0046 (Large).JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0049 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0049 (Large).JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0052 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0052 (Large).JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 199
Still waiting on parts from one of our suppliers.

To all that have ordered....sorry for delay.

Parts are in!

Linkage Arms being welded tomorrow.

Powdercoating Wednesday.

Will be shipping kits Thursday to those that ordered.

We now have a large batch of saver kits in stock and ready to ship. To promote the product for the first season we've decided to offer a TY discount of $146 shipped ($153 Canada). This is $35 off our typical sell price.

In addition, for every order sold we will donate $5 to TY

IMG_2763.jpg

hibshman25 said:
We now have a large batch of saver kits in stock and ready to ship. To promote the product for the first season we've decided to offer a TY discount of $146 shipped ($153 Canada). This is $35 off our typical sell price.

In addition, for every order sold we will donate $5 to TY
IMG_2763.jpg

Good on you Travis for doing that ;)!

I still haven't been out for a ride since my install but I know when the time comes, it will be a great feeling knowing I have one installed :-o

Back