• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bulkhead Repair & Saver Kits. In stock ready to ship.

thegrizzly1 said:
Keeps the A arm bolts from spinning saving the thin bulkhead bushings.
Indirectly, gives one peace of mind.

And will hold the bolt heads tight/in place not allowing it to break the bulkhead eyelets.

Lets hear your take?

It doesn't break the bank!

This is a reasonably priced kit for what it costs the consumer vs. the time and material it takes to fabricate it.
Yamaha would turn around and sell it for $699 USD, $899 CDN.

I got one coming. I have been impressed how much abuse mine has withstood, however I'm not impressed with how much work it would be to replace. Time is money and my time is worth more then the price of this kit, I'll throw the saver on and go rail on it some more LOL

It adds some much needed weight to our much too light sleds. Did I win the prize?l

Bulk head saver

Saver looks good and not out of place. I think it's an excellent idea. It took me 45 minutes from taking sled apart to putting it back together with the help of 3 kittens in the way and digging for tools and 1 interruption.

With this kit the a arm bolts will be retained from the front of the bulkhead and the nuts will be unnecessary. The arms can be removed and replaced without pulling the airbox and battery and dropping the nuts under the engine.

HighSpeedLowDrag said:
With this kit the a arm bolts will be retained from the front of the bulkhead and the nuts will be unnecessary. The arms can be removed and replaced without pulling the airbox and battery and dropping the nuts under the engine.

:Rockon:

HighSpeedLowDrag said:
:rofl:

You go ahead and do that, but like RX-1man, I will also be keeping my nuts ;)!

Yes, you are correct. The saver plates not only keep the bolts from spinning but it also keeps them from moving forward because the plate covers the bolt head "lip" which extends beyond the hex.

However because you do not need to remove the A arms or bolt nuts to install the saver kit your nuts will still be installed. Going to the trouble to remove the nuts just so that you will not have to possibly remove them again sometime in the future is actually more work than required and makes no sense to me.

Back