• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bulls eyes

backonblack

Ok I heard of guy's adding them but has anyone tested the results?
Thanks for any info.
b.o.b

I put 6 in the lid and 2 TPI low boys in the sides.

At -12C, the air/fuel ratio is 12.5 to 1.

I think I am going to add a few more.

I have invested over $100 in valves so far....it would be better to buy an air box mod from Ulmer in my opinion.

I bought some uni flow filters. They 1" dia. with a filter element, they come 6 in pac. They cost $8.00 a pack, I bought 2 packs. Haven't installed them yet. I was wondering if any tried something simular and what kind of performance gain they were seeing.

how do you know the air fuel mixture was 12.5/1 at -12c ?did you use a meter in the exhaust ?i have modded my air box also,was this fuel ration at idle or at top end rpm ?

170plus said:
how do you know the air fuel mixture was 12.5/1 at -12c ?did you use a meter in the exhaust ?i have modded my air box also,was this fuel ration at idle or at top end rpm ?

I installed a wideband o2 sensor.

That ratio seems to stay at 12.4 to 12.6 while at full throdle with the holes in the airbox that I added..

Has anyone tried these in the bottom of their airbox? Bro in law and I were talking about trying it. Would like to anyone elses setup

RTX Meirda said:
170plus said:

That ratio seems to stay at 12.4 to 12.6 while at full throdle with the holes in the airbox that I added..

You might gain some from a little extra fuel up top.

a7m266d said:
RTX Meirda said:
170plus said:

Are you saying to richen the mixture? I was thinking to lean the mixture by adding a few more bulls eyes. I was going to try and shoot for 12.8 to 1 or so.

RTX Meirda said:
a7m266d said:
RTX Meirda said:
170plus said:

Are you saying to richen the mixture? I was thinking to lean the mixture by adding a few more bulls eyes. I was going to try and shoot for 12.8 to 1 or so.

MORE AIR NEEDS MORE FUEL

Yeah I would stay around 12.1 with that thing to make peak power IMO though it would probably need to be varified on a radar gun or a dyno for testing.

Back