• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Camoplast Maverick Track

Dealerjohn

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 MTX Viper, XTX Viper, 2001 SRX 700
Hey guys,
It's probably been beaten to death about how terrible of a track the Maverick is. I understand that. I'm just curious if anyone had any luck cutting the track down and using it for more of a cross over type of track. I was thinking of getting one (for cheap) and cutting down to 1.75 or maybe even 2 inch.

Should I see some type of performance out of it by cutting off so much of the soft folded over lug?
What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

we ran 153" one cut down to 1-1/2" ish on my brothers 04 war mod. the track did not grab well in any conditions and was junk in a season from missing lugs. na sled too. replaced it with a 151"x1-1/4" ripsaw and it was wayy better.

we ran 153" one cut down to 1-1/2" ish on my brothers 04 war mod. the track did not grab well in any conditions and was junk in a season from missing lugs. na sled too. replaced it with a 151"x1-1/4" ripsaw and it was wayy better.

My only option is a 1.75 backcountry for about 750 bucks more. Was the 153 track you used a Maverick? and about how many kms were on it when it began to fall apart?
Thanks for the reply!

yes it was a maverick. track might have had 1500-2000 km on it when we scrapped it. i bought it used on a mountain sled forumn and the previous owner only used it 2-3 times on the mountain before replacing it.

brother is running an uncut stock track on a 09 apex mtx with scratchers on trail and it has not shed any lugs yet in about 3000km of riding it as hard or harder than the 153" track. he likes playing off trail and he hated that track as it would dig for china every time he stopped off trail any way he started to move again.

I bought the new maverick track, shipped to the door for 300 bucks. Worst case scenario I have to take it off next summer and lose a hundred bucks or so on it. Wasn't ready to spend 1100 on a track for a sled I'm not sure if I'm keeping though. Thanks for the insight though.

I have a maverick thatI cut down to about 1.25-1.5" for trail riding and put 250 miles on it in 1 day and it worked alright. It didn't hook up very well but I was in the same spot you were and got it for $200. I still have my 2.5" for off trail days but wanted a short lug track for around home. I will keep it until its complete garbage.

I already sold it! haha. Got a line on a 2.25 Powerclaw. Wasn't willing to take a chance on the maverick. I'm hoping I like the 2.25 Powerclaw. I loved the 2.6 Powerclaw until I ran over some trees at full throttle and it blew apart lol. The 2.25 should be OK on the trail and OK off trail.. so its somewhere I'd like to be I guess.. I really don't want to go all the way down to a 1.75. I can't see how that would do very well off trail around here. If I had a strictly trail sled I'd probably put a 1.75 track on it.. The snow is super super light around here.. No problem to get penetration on the trail with a deep lug track..

Back