• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can you identify what he Nytro A-arms these r???

I will will be getting a skinz front end in time and same with air frames. Also considering mountaintech imdustries and Zbros as well. Glad I didn't stick a dollar in this set. What would you think I could sell both complete sets used in good shape for roughly?

Grizz what front end you got?

Grizz what front end you got?

I ran Mountaintech's prototype 43" +2 trail a-arms last season and will be running their production trail a-arms this season.

Early last season I ripped the 2008 stock a-arms off of my sled on a set of train rails and was looking for used replacement parts when I was offered a complete 2010 front at a very good price. I actually prefer the 2008 setup over the newer geometry but was in a hurry to get the sled back together so I bought the newer front end. Before I got a chance to install it, Mountaintech contacted me and asked if I'd test their new trail a-arms and after testing a few revisions I saw enough improvement over my previous setup to continue with them this year. I had no complaints over the way my 2008 setup handled and was never impressed with the newer geometry sleds but because I'm always looking for improved performance I like the idea I now have the ability to adjust caster and camber independently. Hopefully I can fine tune the handling this season and get even more out of the Nytro.

Last edited:
Might just say the hell with it for this season and get the oil lite bushing kit for my 2008 set and just rock those till I find a good deal on a used front end in next year or so? Being I have 2 sets of 2008 front ends I may as well powder coat one set and get oilite bushings and run those till I find a deal then? Powder coating I get done for cheap and got other parts to do etc. At first hated nytro handling. Then oft steering relocate helped big time. Then simmons Flexi skiis with dual runners and now like it a lot more and could live with it however a after market front end is ideal! Any leads on a used set for trail.

Have you done the upper ball joint mod? Taking a few millimeters off will give it more negative camber. Also setting ski toe to 1/2" out helps with handling.

Just throwing this out there, but I hear if you buy the Hygear slicast arms for a 2008 nytro it gives it the 2009 geometry but keeps the original spindles..I think the arms are like $300..

Just throwing this out there, but I hear if you buy the Hygear slicast arms for a 2008 nytro it gives it the 2009 geometry but keeps the original spindles..I think the arms are like $300..

I went that direction with the 08 front end but found issues with the design of the slicast arms. They are actually designed to fit the 09+ geometry rather than the 08's so the upper slicast arms are to short for the 2008 lower a-arms (2008 lower arms are longer than 09+ arms). In Hygear's directions they want you to add shim washers to the ball joint stud to move it out but even with all the shims you have to much negative camber and no way to bring it back toward the stock setting. I discussed the problem with Hygear and they said they would look into it but never heard anything more. They did refund my money.

Read this:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/hygear-slicast-a-arm-issue.125597/

Last edited:
Have you done the upper ball joint mod? Taking a few millimeters off will give it more negative camber. Also setting ski toe to 1/2" out helps with handling.
No I have not. Could you messages some threads I can save in one message and can refferance it as I find the time to do each mod. Slowly plucking at wish list but DAMN this thing needed a lot of help! So still getting to quite a few of the mods yet.
Thanks for all your help!!!

No I have not. Could you messages some threads I can save in one message and can refferance it as I find the time to do each mod. Slowly plucking at wish list but DAMN this thing needed a lot of help! So still getting to quite a few of the mods yet.
Thanks for all your help!!!

Can anyone message me with some links to the most popular Nytro diy mods? Would love to find and refferance all I need in one message so can tackle one job at a time.
Thanks for any help guys.

Back