• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadian Federal Court Outlaws Sales Of AC Procross Sleds in Canada

Its official.....no sales in Canada
Google search it, it explains everything

Last edited:

Looks that way! Local arctic cat dealer web site is all yamaha no A/C. Wasn’t last year. That sucks

So must be some fine wording somewhere that allows a very similar sled with the identical chassis in dispute to be sold by Yamaha. Hmmmmmm
So I wonder if the Yamaha Canada will increase or if the Cat loyal will go to BRP. Will be interesting. Let those of us South of the border know please.

I think the only reason Yamaha is not included is that Yamaha was not named in the original law suit. If BRP were to go after Yamaha they would have to start a complete new law suit. Yamaha should sell all AC sleds with Yamaha badging.

So must be some fine wording somewhere that allows a very similar sled with the identical chassis in dispute to be sold by Yamaha. Hmmmmmm
So I wonder if the Yamaha Canada will increase or if the Cat loyal will go to BRP. Will be interesting. Let those of us South of the border know please.
You think Cat loyal will go to the company that isn't allowing them to drive the brand they prefer....?

I think the only reason Yamaha is not included is that Yamaha was not named in the original law suit. If BRP were to go after Yamaha they would have to start a complete new law suit. Yamaha should sell all AC sleds with Yamaha badging.
I'd love to see Yamaha and Cat brand up the 2 stroke Cat sleds in Blue and sell them this year. Highly doubt it though.

No doubt it is bad news, not just for the Cat faithful, but maybe for all of us as well. How many spring order sleds have they built for Canadian customers, and what percentage of their annual sales are north of the border? Hopefully Canada is a small percentage of Cat's bottom line, because if Cat can't weather the financial storm of lost Canadian sales, and goes under, Yamaha will find itself without a manufacturer for its sleds.

Maybe they will just paint all those Cats blue and sell them as Yamahas!

No doubt it is bad news, not just for the Cat faithful, but maybe for all of us as well. How many spring order sleds have they built for Canadian customers, and what percentage of their annual sales are north of the border? Hopefully Canada is a small percentage of Cat's bottom line, because if Cat can't weather the financial storm of lost Canadian sales, and goes under, Yamaha will find itself without a manufacturer for its sleds.

Maybe they will just paint all those Cats blue and sell them as Yamahas!
Completely agree. No matter what you think of the Yamaha Cat merger, it is the only thing that saved the snowmobile division of Yamaha.

Maybe its finally time for Yamaha to buy the sled division from Textron

This will force them to bring out a new chassis or change the design some.
Bet its coming sooner.

I talked to my dealer today about getting some maintenance work done on my sleds and asked him is Cat going to produce a new suspension now that the law suit is a done deal, he had no clue but said the suit was not about the suspension but in fact was about the rider position when sitting on the sled? I'm confused

This is just rotten. Sounds like something that would only happen in a communist Country.
not sure you can criticize the govt. up north..not sure if they have freedom of speech like we do...or we used to..

I talked to my dealer today about getting some maintenance work done on my sleds and asked him is Cat going to produce a new suspension now that the law suit is a done deal, he had no clue but said the suit was not about the suspension but in fact was about the rider position when sitting on the sled? I'm confused
As I understood it has to do with the pyramid style upper portion of the chassis design. I thought they could still deliver any sleds sold before the ruling but couldn’t add any more orders and had to pay a fine for each chassis sold. I think that’s why they pre sold 2021 so early last year to get sales in before the court case ended. I would assume they have been readying a new chassis if they plan on staying in the sled business .

Back