• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadian Federal Court Outlaws Sales Of AC Procross Sleds in Canada

:drink:

View attachment 155676 View attachment 155677

Photographic evidence OCD was trolling recently!

Yep those are Stripers who got his shoes wet therefore he couldn’t wear them 2 work!
:drink:
I guess my catch is a little embarrassing........however any day at the lake is not a bad day when in the off season.
At the lake up north fishing.jpg

Wow, just realized that pic is 50 pounds ago.....

The Great Lake fishermen got to come east..this is far from snowmobiling stuff but this is what we do to pass the time till the first snow storm.

I would not want to be the second wave of sleds off the line, the roost would cause some serious hurt....ouch!

My 2 cents. I am 60 years old. I love 2 strokes. Light weight. But I got tired of working on them. Loved my 2 stroke street bikes and dirt bikes. My RD 350 locked up on the freeway at 60 miles an hour. LuckilyI pulled in the clutch lever just in time. Or I would not be writing this. I bought a pontoon in 2012. It has an Evinrude 25 HP Bigfoot 4 stroke. I change the oil once a year. and the gear oil. Lower unit. I have changed the plugs and fuel filter once. I use Startron fuel treatment. At the end of the season. Have replaced the battery this year. I switched to Yamaha 4 stroke sleds in the last 3 years. RS Vectors. I used to be a Factory trained Powerstroke technician. I got out of the auto repair business for 10 years. Worked at a Caterpillar assembly plant. In 2009 I got laid off. Found a new job fixing the fixers. I fix equipment they repair vehicles with. So the first time I walked into a Ford Dealer with my new job. I observed a technician with the cab lifted up on the hoist. He was standing at the chassis. Working on the motor. I asked what are you doing? I am replacing the head gaskets. I then told myself as much asI loved the earlier Powerstrokes. I worked on. I would never buy one of these trucks. Just saying Aftter fixing things all day. I want reliable toys. The most popular cars among mechanics in my day. We’re Mopars with slant six motors. Nothing is perfect. Or I would not have a job. But I love the reliability of my 4 stroke toys. Wish the Procross chassis was more reliable. Because I was a big AC Fan before I switched to 4 strokes. After my riding experience on the Vectors. I believe Cat deserves credit for their suspension ride quality etc. Remember they had the first afs front end. And everyone else followed when the patent ran out. I grew up riding Motorcross. So they got my attention when I moved from the east coast to the midwest. And when my buddies ripped on me for riding Cats I told them that trailing arms belonged on Ford Trucks not Snowmobiles.LoL

thanks for the sound advise...has anyone used the Simmons ski's..I know they are expensive, met someone at Bosebuck who has a pair and said they worked well on his Venture TF.
It seems there is allot of mention of curve ski's on this site...will check out the Mohawks too. Last season I fell off the crown of the trail a couple of times does to plowing through powder instead of floating on it and steering through...then my buddy busts me for not having a crossover sled, but need the 2up as the misses likes to ride too but doesn't want her own sled...the STX GT is just an awesome machine...just needs better ski's. Again thanks.
I have a set of Simmons skis and mounts I might be looking to sell if you are interested. I bought a used set and never ended up using them. I did have a set of them on my old ZRT and loved them in that application.

I have a set of Simmons skis and mounts I might be looking to sell if you are interested. I bought a used set and never ended up using them. I did have a set of them on my old ZRT and loved them in that application.
Stain, which style are they, are they originals or 2nd or 3rd generation..needing a wide ski to float better. Condition and price? Thanks, Joe

I believe they are the original. 6 inch wide ski. good shape, they dont have a lot of miles on them. I have $225 in them. you can have them for that if you want.

Talked to my dealer today, Yamaha has sent him a formal letter , stating that the court decision between Brp & arctic cat , doesn't have any effect on sleds sales for Yamaha Canada. He did state that sled arrival will be 2-3 weeks later do to covid work stoppage.

I heard today that Cat won't b selling sleds in Canada this year.
Really disappointed.

On a positive note my sled has been shipped to the dealer .... :)
I'm guessing Yamaha would build extra sleds this summer if they went off of dirt bike & amv sales this spring.

My buddy has ordered a 800 cat , hasn't been told anything, so I'm guessing that's not good news .

Back