• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadian Federal Court Outlaws Sales Of AC Procross Sleds in Canada

:drink:
I know CLUTCHMAN is breaking my balls.
Unfortunately there are TROLLS on every site.
I've been called a lot of things including calling myself a Moron for forgetting to bring my shoes to work.
That's right! I went ALL the way to work this morning with NO shoes!

Now would a Troll admit to being a moron & NOT bringing his shoes to work?

I rest my case...........Moron yes............Troll no

P.S: This is the 3rd time i went ALL the way to work with NO shoes.............Bosses love me. I make them laugh

C4D1ACA1-C3AA-4D4A-AAFB-546DACEA4228.jpeg
F9FAD38D-E4C5-4CC3-96DC-363459356C3B.jpeg

Photographic evidence OCD was trolling recently!

Yep those are Stripers who got his shoes wet therefore he couldn’t wear them 2 work!
:drink:

Last edited:

Strippers & Cocaine in the '80's=$500
Stripers, coffee & ripping the bottom unit off the boat=$1000
Seeing the look on my Nephew's face catching a 40'' Striper=PRICELESS!!!!

Not getting yelled at by MrSled for getting WAAAYYYY off topic=SUMMER

Strippers & Cocaine in the '80's=$500
Stripers, coffee & ripping the bottom unit off the boat=$1000
Seeing the look on my Nephew's face catching a 40'' Striper=PRICELESS!!!!

Not getting yelled at by MrSled for getting WAAAYYYY off topic=SUMMER
Steve, good thing you're fishing in Conn. In Rhode Island they will take your boat and throw you in jail for a striper over 35"and less than 28'...nothing like catching a 50 pounder though...looks like your holding that fish with arms extended..lol..very nice striper. Was off the Block fishing for fluke Saturday, it was slow but productive...got a 6 pounder...

28'' to 35'' here also. Those were 30" eater fish.
We had to put back all the big ones.
It's a good day when it takes a dozen fish to keep one SMALL fish for the table!

Back on topic:
BRP failed 4 times in this lawsuit & won on the 5th try. That shows that AC could win the next one.
It also shows how big corporations can bury the little guys in court.
I'd bet AC spent more then the lawsuit trying to defend it.
They'll have a much harder time against Yamaha if it comes down to that.

Steve is NOT a troll on TY he is a DEEP UNDER COVER TY spy who has gone as far as purchasing and riding a Doo to keep his cover. Some day he will be giving us the TELL ALL story of the Doo side. LOL. I enjoy your off topic humor Steve summer or winter. But then again I was one of the kids in school always being told stop talking and pay attention .... as I am sure he was as well.

I've got a stock 2020 STX-GT Sidewinder, it's the 2up version, awesome sled but when in in any depth of snow the ski's just bury and handling goes out the door. I have tuner 3 ski's and from all I read on this site they are the worst ski's possible. Can I get some recommendations on a ski that will be good on the hard trails and help the sled float on the snow better when the trails have not been groomed after a snow storm. I'm kinda tired of having my buddy pull me out because these tuners drift too much in any accumulation....

its not that hard to take an engine off a boat...id be happy to do it for $300...$1200 is outrageous. all you really need is some wrenches, a hoist, ...if I can do it anyone can, I took off a 200hpMercury off my transom to replace trim tilt hydraulics. I'm the guy who doesn't know the difference between a primary from the secondary. The dealer may be giving you some good advise...new engines are expensive.
Today I went to an Evinrude dealer, my brother asked about a new 90hp etc...out the door price $10.6k...I can't imagine what a 200hp would cost.

Thanks for the offer, but I am staying with my old Yamaha! Like you, I would not have any issue with swapping over the engines myself, if they would let me.

I think that someone would have to offer me a heck of a deal on an ETEC right now for me to buy one. I know that they are good engines, but the small dealer network, and therefore the support system, has been an issue all along. With the end of new ETEC manufacturing, I would gun shy about buying one of their engines. Yamaha may be in 4th place in the snowmobile business, but they are definitely winning the outboard race, where there is a lot more money at stake!

Thanks for the offer, but I am staying with my old Yamaha! Like you, I would not have any issue with swapping over the engines myself, if they would let me.

I think that someone would have to offer me a heck of a deal on an ETEC right now for me to buy one. I know that they are good engines, but the small dealer network, and therefore the support system, has been an issue all along. With the end of new ETEC manufacturing, I would gun shy about buying one of their engines. Yamaha may be in 4th place in the snowmobile business, but they are definitely winning the outboard race, where there is a lot more money at stake!
I guess Mercury cut BRP a better deal for outboards since using the Mercury line up. Puzzling since Yamaha is more independent in their OEM out board contracts than Mercury.

I was at the local e-tec dealer...for a 90hp e-tec it was $10.6k.. I agree that's allot more expensive than another brand of equal hp. I can't believe they wouldn't let you take off your own engines...what's it all coming to...not good...

I've got a stock 2020 STX-GT Sidewinder, it's the 2up version, awesome sled but when in in any depth of snow the ski's just bury and handling goes out the door. I have tuner 3 ski's and from all I read on this site they are the worst ski's possible. Can I get some recommendations on a ski that will be good on the hard trails and help the sled float on the snow better when the trails have not been groomed after a snow storm. I'm kinda tired of having my buddy pull me out because these tuners drift too much in any accumulation....

sounds like a set of curve xs skis would fit the bill for you. they steer way better than the tuners and float as well as a mtx ski. they can push in mealy snow but are pretty good in the powder. the set i had are on my brothers phazer xtx and are working well there.

Yamaha has a crossover ski on the xtx141 model last year.
I run the SLP Mowhawks skiis and they work on and off the trail.

thanks for the sound advise...has anyone used the Simmons ski's..I know they are expensive, met someone at Bosebuck who has a pair and said they worked well on his Venture TF.
It seems there is allot of mention of curve ski's on this site...will check out the Mohawks too. Last season I fell off the crown of the trail a couple of times does to plowing through powder instead of floating on it and steering through...then my buddy busts me for not having a crossover sled, but need the 2up as the misses likes to ride too but doesn't want her own sled...the STX GT is just an awesome machine...just needs better ski's. Again thanks.

Traffic on the highway....:mad:

Traffic on TY in June.......:D

Traffic on TY during the summer...

Traffic on TY during the riding season...

OpeningDay.JPG

Here's a shout out to MrSled and the rest of the TY team for keeping the site going during the slow months and giving us a place to have some fun year round:

YouTheMan.jpg

Back