• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can't say enough about maintenance on clutching

Ok thanks for the information so if my offset is off I still can remove my c clip. I’m taking it still has to come in?

Ok thanks for the information so if my offset is off I still can remove my c clip. I’m taking it still has to come in?
I would not run without the c clip long term. But yes bringing it in, you could run it for a few hundred without the c clip and see if it cleans up the movable? Then decide.. I don't think running without the c clip is a long term solution IMO.. Not sure the details on running the older clutch as your running.. Thunder may chime in and or see what they think.

Last edited:
What kind of maintenance is needed to get rid of these rubber marks. Secondary not a mark just primary.

As jonlafon1 has mentioned, maybe the cover adjuster is in a smidge too far.

With the rear in the air, the track shouldn't be moving.

Owner of this sled in question had it in a brand new inline that holds 3 sleds. (sleds in trailer were the winder, an AC7000 and a Ski-Doo). Trailer is parked under a roof (lean-too) and was bought when the sled was new...(owner told me as he said he bought everything at 1 time). Owner never had to trailer the sleds as he lives right next to the snowmobile trail system. Sled was never on an open trailer, even his ad mentions it was always put away in an enclosed trailer.

My thoughts are:
1 - the trailer only has the 1 front and 1 rear side vent....no air to really get in an out.
2 - Putting it away wet and the trailer holding moisture
3 - The sleds were all pulled in straight towards the ramp door (front). Fire up the sleds and put away the Sidewinder without fully warming it up? That will definitely cause condensation on parts.
4 - the trailer being under the lean-too where it is....trees all around the property, lean-too side facing sun and on grass/gravel that holds lots of moisture.

I have seen this same issue in my enclosed trailers if I didn't take them out and put the sleds into the shop. But not as bad as this.
put a couple DAMP RID containers in your trailer,they suck up the moisture..i use them in my boat during the summer

Back to the trailer and humidity :) If it’s going to stay below freezing I put them in full of snow. BUT when we are into spring and it gets above freezing and MELTS I leave the front and rear doors open if its not rain or snowing to get air flow as I have seen drops on the ceiling when I didn’t. Drys out nicely with doors open, Once all is DRY -easy to see when plywood floor is completely dry. Then I shut the door, good to know on the Damp Rid

Holy cats, I store mine after each ride in in unheated trailer, or in unheated garage, skid full of snow, it still looks like new, that sled in question looks like it was hauled in open trailer with no cover on it. Might have slipped it in a covered one to make it look like it was hauled in it. And all my sleds have been stored or used in this way and none ever had signs of that corrosion. Road salt definitely got to the sled in question.

I think how the trailer is vented is everything.
I have a friend with a single place triton clam shell, his sled has surface rust everywhere - it only has 2 tiny vents.

I added more vents to my TC167 for better airflow and have never had a problem.

MS

I think how the trailer is vented is everything.
I have a friend with a single place triton clam shell, his sled has surface rust everywhere - it only has 2 tiny vents.

I added more vents to my TC167 for better airflow and have never had a problem.

MS
Mine has a big crank up vent on the top and I have a plastic shroud that covers the vent it stays open all the time

This is a good thread to ask these newbie questions
Difference between silicone w/ teflon spray and dry lubricant spray? Spray on clutches/sled with......??? spray. OK for belt? (I like DuPont products)
I plan on storing sled in the air on lift...problem with that?

(I leave the top trailer vents half open, if I leave it fully open everything in the trailers get wet w/ rain splashing)

This is a good thread to ask these newbie questions
Difference between silicone w/ teflon spray and dry lubricant spray? Spray on clutches/sled with......??? spray. OK for belt? (I like DuPont products)
I plan on storing sled in the air on lift...problem with that?

(I leave the top trailer vents half open, if I leave it fully open everything in the trailers get wet w/ rain splashing)
look for one of these covers that go over the vent, you can leave it wide open and keeps the rain out.

Attachments

• 6BE393AC-7079-4395-9816-D0712C49D038.jpeg
    6BE393AC-7079-4395-9816-D0712C49D038.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 77

Back