• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canvasworks Snocap - your oppinion please

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
I am thinking of putting a Canvasworks snocap on my Triton Elite 101 3-place trailer. It will cost approximately $2,000 for the product and installation. Has anyone used the snocap product from Canvasworks? If so, what is your impression of their product and how did it holds up?

Last edited:

I have had a Snowcap (sport series) on my Triton two place for three years now and love it. Very well made/engineered product. I bought the kit and installed it with a buddy of mine because I live about 8 hours from their shop. Its easy to open and close and seals tight. The best thing is my sleds are protected and the trailer is still lite enough to move around by myself. You won't notice it towing. I believe it will last at least as long as the trailer does.

Bulldog thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to go with their product but, they are about an hour away from me and can install it in an afternoon. Is it worth $300 for them to install it or is it fairly easy and not time consuming to install yourself. I am able to do just about anything mechanical but, with the sports, scouts, church, work schedule my family has I am finding it hard to even find time to change oil on my vehicles.

I think having them install it is a great idea and definitely worth it. My buddy and I installed mine in his HVAC shop and it took us about 10 hours total. If I had to do it again maybe 5 hours knowing what I know now. I believe the one you are looking at would be more involved. Good luck!

A buddy had one for several years. He actually waxed it, which I thought was dumb, but it helped extend it's life according to him.
But then again he is a bit anal, as he waxes everything including his garden tractor! :confused:

I found waxing mine made it way easier to get the snow to slide off. Letting Duane and his crew install it is worth the money, they know their product and will get it right and drum tight. Love mine, works nice and its nice to be able to almost stand straight up inside it. I can work all around the sleds if I need to on the trailer. I did copper donuts and a K&N kit on the trailer and it wasn't any trouble. The light kit is also a nice option

I think you guys have me convinced that the Sno-cap is the way to go vs. taking the time to sell my trailer and then buy my buddies steel enclosed three place that is already 18 years old for $500 more than I can get the Sno-cap for.
What type of wax did you use?

I have had a snocap on my trailer for about 10 years. I've been very happy with it! Last year, I had some zipper spots where the threads were coming out. I took it in to them and they fixed it with new zippers all around, new zipper pulls, and it took about half an hour. Cost like $75, and looks great. At the end of each season, I wash it at the hand-wash place, and end with the hot wax. It still looks great, although maybe a little faded. I expect it to last another 5-8 years before it needs a new canvas.

An option for you to save a little money is to have them install the frame, but you install the canvas. I did this, and had them weld the aluminum frame to the trailer, rather than bolt it. They charged a small fee for this, but the whole thing is MUCH sturdier this way. It is now part of the trailer, rather than bolted on, so it is very sturdy. This is the way to go. Then, I took the canvas home and installed it myself in a couple of hours. It's not hard.

Also, the screws that hold the canvas on will rust over time. One or two years ago, I put new screws in the bars that hold the cover on and the hinge at the top of the front door. Ten mins and small pack of self-tapping screws. I also replaced a few zip ties that had worn over time, just to keep it nice and the canvas tight. And, each season I lubricate the zippers with some silicone spray to keep them moving easily. Overall, it's a small amount of maintenance for a ten year old trailer cover.

It tows nice because it's light, plus it doesn't impact gas mileage as much as a full size enclosed trailer. It's held up very well. I love that I can drive the sleds in, and zip it up, and everything is well protected from salt and weather. I store the sleds all year round in there, without issue. In the summer, I put a tarp over it, just to protect it from the tree sap and leaves that will end up stuck to it. Helps it stay nice. Plus, I think it adds to the resale value of the trailer.

I am soon graduating to a larger trailer, and I will DEFINITELY get another snocap when the time comes.

I had a SnoCaps on a 3 sled trailer for 10+ years (sold) and last year installed one on our new 4 sled trailer. I never had any issue's with the older one and I Installed the new one by myself in one weekend. The new material is a little different then the first one we had installed. I installed the 57'" because I keep the trailer in the garage and with the 57" height there is no problem with clearance. Pic of the 3 sled trailer.
trailer 3.JPG

Back