• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Facebook Bans me, WTF!!!

I just got one of those Decade books I am sure not all pics from Buttbook are on there but enough are. If they boot me at this point I wont care even though it would definitely hurt my business. Lets hope Elon isnt full of it and sets a example with Twitter that will start change. I wont hold my breath though.

Sorry for your troubles on FB. I have never used it and never will. Most social media is a sewer of crap.

I would recommend you always save your photos to your home computer or to your cloud access from your phone company before posting anything anywhere.

I only signed up with FB, years back, to look at some Vendors' videos about their products.
I made a rule soon after, if FB is the ONLY way to learn about your product, I'll find another Vendor.
I'm not 13. I like to actually TALK to PEOPLE!

I do understand the value of FB for business & especially a site like this.
BUT, like most Americans we take things to the next level.
At first FB was good for getting in touch with old friends or checking in with people, but once people started posting ALL DAY-EVERYDAY it got beyond annoying!!!!!

One old friend posted everything she cooked....................EVERY G'DAMN MEAL!!!!!!
AND she's a HORRIBLE cook!!!!!!!

MrSled aka: Tom
Sorry for your Modern Technology Headache!!!
Society is more STRESSED now then any time in our history & technology is the reason

I miss the 80's

I only signed up with FB, years back, to look at some Vendors' videos about their products.
I made a rule soon after, if FB is the ONLY way to learn about your product, I'll find another Vendor.
I'm not 13. I like to actually TALK to PEOPLE!

I do understand the value of FB for business & especially a site like this.
BUT, like most Americans we take things to the next level.
At first FB was good for getting in touch with old friends or checking in with people, but once people started posting ALL DAY-EVERYDAY it got beyond annoying!!!!!

One old friend posted everything she cooked....................EVERY G'DAMN MEAL!!!!!!
AND she's a HORRIBLE cook!!!!!!!

MrSled aka: Tom
Sorry for your Modern Technology Headache!!!
Society is more STRESSED now then any time in our history & technology is the reason

I miss the 80's
It’s all good. Hated Facebook anyway and really only needed to help push traffic to the site. Oh well, getting too old to care.

The humor in this conversation is we act like the majority of folks on Facebook are kids. When in reality, kids left facebook once adults started using it years ago.

It's a cesspool of algorithms pushing crap and ads at adults. As the majority of users on facebook now are actually middle aged and senior adults that have no idea that the largest pool of social media users (12-25 year olds) moved to other platforms years ago.

My facebook group of over 200 local riders has very few "kids" in it. The kids that are part of my 60+ member poker group, only come to my poker parties if I text them. As they never fire up Facebook to see announcements of games.

The demographic has changed on facebook. And the folks in support that try to help those recover accounts are overloaded with folks from 50-80 years old that have no idea how to secure an account. If I had to deal with the account recovery I helped my dad with every day, I would have quit long ago.

On that note, facebook is only as crap ridden as one allows it to be. I keep my friends list short, and my followed groups and vendors list shorter. My feed is comprised of friend posts, and my favorite interest groups posts. (boating, sledding, fishing, sxs's etc) and I frequent the marketplace for local deals. As it still is killing Craigslist or other for sale sites.

Again, a person has to be smart in the market place as well. And advertise/purchase with your head on straight. Plenty of scammers, but nothing that cannot be navigated safely with an ounce of common sense, and the use of proper payment options.

Last edited:
Thank you and thank you all for the support It’s nice to have it. Feels good to have others care.
At least with me, the sole reason for becoming and remaining a VIP on this site was to help support it prosper and ensure it's longevity as it has become a plethora of information; more so than any service manual you get access to after becoming one will ever provide! Stay the course @MrSled ;)!

At least with me, the sole reason for becoming and remaining a VIP on this site was to help support it prosper and ensure it's longevity as it has become a plethora of information; more so than any service manual you get access to after becoming one will ever provide! Stay the course @MrSled ;)!
It’s great users like yourself that make a great site. I’m just a guy that gave you all the avenue. LaLaLa

Facebook has disabled my account and will be removing it in 30 days. Good thing a few years back I made my wife a admin to TY Facebook as we still have access to that side just not on my personal account. I have contested it over and over and the Facebook Team and the company META that runs the security is not helping what so ever. They send me into the vicious cycle of uploading a driver license to verify who I am and they keep coming back that the account will stay disabled and the decision is final. My account was compromised from an old email address from about 10 years ago that was never cleared from the account and some nasty stuff was posted, from what I understand based on the ban to the account. I was informed VIA email that it happened at 2AM on 10/21/22 and by the time I could get to it, it was too late. I am posting to warn others that even though I have had no issues in 15 + years that they don’t care and will not help you in a situation like this. I have read thousands that have been in the same boat as me and Facebook will do nothing to help you get back on or help you download any of your memories. They direct you to a download that has 3 profiles pics and a few security things and that’s about it. No other info is in that download file that is worth a crap. I have always hated Facebook due to the fact of how it’s being run and all the political crap that’s allowed and now this. So word to the wise get off that worthless place or back up your memories or this could happen to you. Anything that I uploaded as a photo album and tagged other people or made someone else a contributor is now also gone from their accounts. If anyone has any info or help on how I can rectify this, please post. All I want to do is get back some photo albums. Spread the word and tell others that Facebook as not a good place and they don’t protect your data or help those that are on the site. I have also read numerous articles that Facebook actually allows hackers to get on the site to help them find vulnerability and then don’t help those account that are damaged. Lets make some noise out there. They need to step up and actually have some help available and not just blow you off because they have so many people on that they just don’t care…
Its all about control, they have it and you are controlled by their actions like it or not… Whats even worst is you almost never can talk to a real person, you can only communicate through E mail cause the real reasons may not be what they are telling you… Having a half of brain and different political view can get you cancelled… I agree , time to eliminate these types of controlled platforms that are only concerned with their agenda.. what ever happened to freedom of speech anyway…

Its all about control, they have it and you are controlled by their actions like it or not… Whats even worst is you almost never can talk to a real person, you can only communicate through E mail cause the real reasons may not be what they are telling you… Having a half of brain and different political view can get you cancelled… I agree , time to eliminate these types of controlled platforms that are only concerned with their agenda.. what ever happened to freedom of speech anyway…
Went out with innocent until proven guilty.

Back