• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Car exhaust on Nytro

gregdec1

Extreme
Has anyone though about or installed a muffler from a car on their Nytro? I was wondering if it would work or not and what it would sound like. Im thinking of like a magnaflow muffler or something. Any thoughts or ideas?

I've used a Cherrybomb on my Nytro. It need a restrictor welded on the end, but sounds fantastic, though it's obnoxiously loud.

A cheap muffler off a 4 cyl car would work fine if you're looking for a replacement for the stock unit, and would probably be quite a bit lighter.

I have a Cherry Bomb Turbo muffler undertunnel setup on my xtx and I didnt need a restrictor on it, but I have pc5 w/autotune on my sled also. I think it sounds great, loud but not as loud as an MBRP muffler. plus it was only $35.

I put a magnaflow muffler on my nytro xtx and made it fit in the stock location worked out great and sounds awesome.

What model Magnaflow did you use on your seld?

Also where did you find that awesome side to side crossing taillight you install on your video?

Thank you, I was able to find a muffler at O-Reilly auto parts near me, I had to use a hanger at the end of the muffler system to take some weight off the total system and I also made or use a support under the muffler supporting the muffler itself so not to fatigue the the collector at the engine as well I (my engineering degree at work) riveted the stainless band on each side with a rubber insulator against the tunnel not against the muffler itself. i think the muffler was about $54 dollars and I had to buy a clamp, and muffler joint sealant (a must). Overall I am happy with the set up I will see how the noise level is once the snow hits and I am ridding it.

Back