• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain Tensioner Mount Wear?

boardmandan

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
ZR9000, Nytro XTX - Gone, Viper RTX-DX - Gone
Took apart chaincase and noticed notches in the mounting post that holds the chain tensioner. I can't tell from any pics I've seen if this is by design or if the tensioner is wearing into the metal. I've got about 7000 miles. Anybody else notice this?
20230325_113018 (Custom).jpg
20230325_113432 (Custom).jpg

Precision has a brass bushing for that along with their new tensioner

Mine was doing the same thing. I put the Pefi tensioner on. Very nice part , quality made a little overkill and pricey. U really only need a bronze bushing and steel sleeve on the stock tensioner. One of members on this site made one I recently lost access to my lathe otherwise I would have made my own

Mine was doing the same thing. I put the Pefi tensioner on. Very nice part , quality made a little overkill and pricey. U really only need a bronze bushing and steel sleeve on the stock tensioner. One of members on this site made one I recently lost access to my lathe otherwise I would have made my own
Adds weight to your pile tho....lol

Can't you just drill out the tensioner and put an oil lite flange bushing in there?

Sure could.. Just press it in? What size we need?
Mines not yet on the stand yet but will probably be in a month.

You would have to figure out the id size of the spring that is inside the tensioner. Maybe two flange bushings with the flange on the inside of the sheet metal.

I would have to noodle on it but it may require a stepped bushing.

Any alternatives without dropping the $300 bones on the pefi fix and skate?

Back