• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase Oil question

mr. bwok

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sr viper ltx
In my wife's Venom there seemed to be a bit more metallic contamination while doing chaincase oil change than i was expecting. The chaincase oil appeared pretty shimmery with metal. Has anyone else had the same experience?

In my wife's Venom there seemed to be a bit more metallic contamination while doing chaincase oil change than i was expecting. The chaincase oil appeared pretty shimmery with metal. Has anyone else had the same experience?
Another one that maybe @cannondale27 could help on.

Mine was also. I think its normal at first change. My second oil change was almost nothing. Do another after 500 more mi and see. I crack open cover also. Sucking it out is a option later once confidence is gained. Also if you mess with the adjuster let it tension on its own. Pushing it is a no no.

Mine was also. I think its normal at first change. My second oil change was almost nothing. Do another after 500 more mi and see. I crack open cover also. Sucking it out is an option later once confidence is gained. Also if you mess with the adjuster let it tension on its own. Pushing it is a no no.
Awesome feedback, thanks Steve!

Mine was also. I think its normal at first change. My second oil change was almost nothing. Do another after 500 more mi and see. I crack open cover also. Sucking it out is a option later once confidence is gained. Also if you mess with the adjuster let it tension on its own. Pushing it is a no no.
I figured as much, but i had to ask. I pulled the cover and nothing looked out of whack,. I even thought the chain may have rubbed the case as the tensioner picked up slack, but no witness marks. Glad to hear it is normal. Now we just need snow.

Back