• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase Tension

I have checked the chain tension several times (100, 250, 500, and 750 miles). Each time, I backed off the lock nut, and tried to tighten the bolt by hand. However, it has never really moved. On all my prior Yamahas, the chain stretched significantly in the first 100 miles, but this does not seem to be the case with my Phazer. Any thoughts?

ive done alot of 500 mile checks on phazers ive sold and never had to tighten one of them they all seem to be tight but the big sleds are always lose at 500 miles and need to be tighten

Never had to adjust mine also except at track change.Dont forget there is a rubber sealing washer under the locknut.That needs to be backed off also or it will only seem tight.

Back off locknut and Washer
Tighten bolt by hand with good clean threads
Back off bolt 1/4 turn tighten washer and locknut while holding bolt stationary.

cannondale27 said:
Never had to adjust mine also except at track change.Dont forget there is a rubber sealing washer under the locknut.That needs to be backed off also or it will only seem tight.

Back off locknut and Washer
Tighten bolt by hand with good clean threads
Back off bolt 1/4 turn tighten washer and locknut while holding bolt stationary.

Don't forget to take up the chain slack by turning the secondary clutch counter clockwise.

Back