• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Challenger extreme 16x162, 2.5, 3inch pitch on apex mt

drop brackets you mention ?

bigbull said:
The 2.5" Mav Extreme rocked like I figured. You can fit it by changing your Yamaha drop brackets out for some custom ones without the D&R. The tunnel has clearance up front.
>>>
Did you make the drop brackets or buy them from a vender ? How much do you have to drop the skid with the new brackets and how does it effect the handleing ?

Sorry, missed that this post was "back to life" Purchase the drops from Timbersled and tell him what you want or have AFX on Snowest make you some. Either way, they both know what they are doing and put out good product.
Tell either one I sent you. Regarding the track paddle cutting: You can get that track in a 2.25" so I am assuming you got a great deal on a 2.5" or I don't understand the question.

They don't make the 162x16x2 1/4 only 2 1/2 unless you go with 15 wide. I am heavy so I would like the extyra width for flotation. What will the drop brackets do to the handling? Will it still pull the front end up as well? Thanks .

Sorry, thought that was what you meant. 2.52 pitch is the sticking point there. It will still pull up in the front. The PPD skis are great in the deep and real nice on the trail. Hardpack, is well........hardpack and they do the best they can but definitely are better than the Simmons.

I am going to cut 1/4" off. How do you measuere? Just lugs or total track to get to 1/4"? new it is either over or under 2 1/2".

The ribs in the end of the lug are almost exactly a quarter inch. I just cut the ribs off and it is way stiffer. The full two and a half dindn't fit very well any way. Hooks way better on the grass waiting for snow to try it.

I left just a little of the rib, doesn't look cut. Seemed to be 1/4 " cut off with leaving that little bit. Hope it doesn't rub.

I just turned my mav around, but haven't tried it out yet. I will let you know how it works after we get some snow.

bigbull said:
No issues really. I dropped and rolled now.

Hey bigbull, if I use some timbersled drop brackets and rail extensions I can run the 174" without cutting the lugs? Everything is stock in the back except for new Avid drivers

I plan on a new tunnel, new skid and a drop and roll next summer, but I'd like to upgrade the track now without cutting as my Maverick is shot after 1000 miles of boost.

Thanks

Jonny Rocket said:
I just turned my mav around, but haven't tried it out yet. I will let you know how it works after we get some snow.

Well I turned the Mav around and w/in 200 miles the lugs are bent over the other direction. I am not going to keep turning it for they are getting too beat up. Looks like I have at least 2 lugs missing and several more w/tears at the base of the lugs. The compound they used for this track is way too soft. I will use this one as long as possible then switch to extreme if I can get the 2-1/2" lug under my RX-1.

Back