• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CHECK YOUR HEAD LIGHT POD/ADDED PICS

sx7001

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
The night i picked up the GT I noticed the head lights were pointing too far up so I adjusted them down. I found this strange for a Yamaha to come like that. The head light pod was installed wrong at the dealer. There are 2 tabs that fit into the underside of the pod when installed properly. My pod sat on top of the tabs causing the lights to shoot high. Look in your manual,it shows how to install the pod assembly. If you can slip your fingers under the rubber seal between the air box lid and head light, the pod is installed wrong. Now the seal is tight on the lid. Also found the ski alignment way out, but thats a easy fix to. Pics of what it should look like.

Thanks, I will be checking mine as my headlights are shooting very high. ===SRXSRULE===

Mine was PERFECT!! But then again i made a huge deal out of my sled being put together... so much that they forced me to get the sled out of the shop as they were worried it would get scratched and i wouldnt pay for it..

When i picke up my sled they even had it covered so it didnt get dusty!

what ive learned is if you are too nice to your dealer they might take advantage of you... even by accident.. but if you give them a hard time... they will do anything to make you happy

welterracer said:
i made a huge deal out of my sled being put together... so much that they forced me to get the sled out of the shop as they were worried it would get scratched and i wouldnt pay for it..

Gosh, I'd hope you wouldn't pay for a scratched sled, I know I wouldn't.

Re: CHECK YOUR HEAD LIGHT POD

sx7001 said:
There are 2 tabs that fit into the underside of the pod when installed properly. My pod sat on top of the tabs causing the lights to shoot high.
Mine was on top of the tabs also. don't think they spent a lot of time in the assembly process. :shock:

I have seen a few of these set up that way from different dealers...it happens, Dont get hung up on it talk to your dealers maybe its something that they are not seeing and it will help the next consumer that picks theirs up.

I have seen a few of these set up that way from different dealers...it happens, Dont get hung up on it talk to your dealers maybe its something that they are not seeing and it will help the next consumer that picks theirs up.

Mr. Sled is right....as usual! ;)!

Mine came assembled perfectly. I have had a couple of conversations with them though as to how to take things apart correctly....which led me to post that they are learning too. The service mgr did relate a humorous story to me though. His technicians were at a seminar last week and Yamaha showed them a video that it would take less than 3 minutes to change out your spark plugs! We BOTH laughed hysterically....

To be honest , my dealer came right out told me that tthey are learning as we are on these new sleds. He's at the Yamaha workshop for mechanics today. He said he's going to share all info with me when he gets back. When asked a question he didn't know the aswer to, he told me he didn't know. I feel thats pretty fare.

I can see how this happens. It's pretty trickey to get that headlight back on the right way. Don't get me wrong - I love my RTX - but I'm surprised at how difficult it is to get some of panels, lights, etc.. back on the right way. I predict there will be some changes in that regard for 07.

Back