• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CHECK YOUR HEAD LIGHT POD/ADDED PICS

flyin hi said:
Mine was good, Thanks Troycity garage in N.Y. also found out you will need an allen wrench to get the airbox off the carbs ? why the phillips screws worked fine

PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS SUCK!!!!
Give me a torx or allen head any day!!!

Just got done fixing mine. Major PITA! Spent a bunch of time time looking for the 2 clips that fell off when I pull the pod off. That baby is packed in there. ===SRXSRULE===

Its very easy to tell. Walk up to your and if you can slide your hand under your headlight its on wrong. ===SRXSRUE===

For what it's worth, I think the service departments are learning on the fly how to piece these sleds together....

All dealers are provided assembly manuals which are fairly easy to follow. The Apex's are actually easier to set-up then previous RX-1's.

Happened with mine too. Tabs were on top of cross bar. They also seemed to strip one of the screws(female part just spins in the plastic)that hold the plastic chrome wiring harness together. I just loosened the allen screw bolts on top of the tank cover the two hex bolts on the side underneath the windshield-pulled forward-pushed down and forward. Fixed now. Also had one of the nylon washers from the quick disconects fall off already, going to order a bunch of them and keep with the sled.

When I was at the Freemont NH grass drags/water cross/swap meet today I saw many assembled the wrong way. The ones at the Yamaha trailer were correct but about half of the Apex's I saw at independant dealers at the show were incorrect! It made me feel like less of a boob for putting mine on wrong the first time.

Typical dealer responce," we are learning these new sleds as we go along"if so then don't charge for the PDI "crook"or try the owners manuel if you know how to read?.

V34 wrote

" All dealers are provided assembly manuals which are fairly easy to follow"

Maybe they should re issue even easier instructions with glasses and someone to open the instructions for them!

It's too bad that some dealers can actually call themselves dealers,more like "stealer's"

Back