• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CKX Mission AMS Helmet

Bigger if anything. I could almost get a large and every other helmet i have ever had was an XL. I would try to see a dealer and try one on. buying helmets on line without trying them on , especially at this price, is a gamble in my mind

No dealers in my area that I know of. I will probably order online from Dennis Kirk. They have free returns or exchanges if it doesn't fit right.
Thanks for the info.

Do you have the standard shield or electric. I normally use an electric shield (I have had a couple of FXR Fuel Modulars most recently). I normally need an electric shield or it will fog up.

How is the sizing? I wear a Large in the FXR Fuel helmet but I have tried on other CKX helmets and needed an XLarge. Does the Mission fit small like the other CKX helmets?

I was also considering the BRP Oxygen helmet but I because I can get it for the same price as the CKX Mission with electric shield. I don't really want anything BRP but it appears to have some nice features and doesn't use a breath guard. I have a CKX Tranz 1.5 modular that uses a similar silicone rubber breathe guard as the Mission and I don't know if I am sold on that material for a breath guard. Seemed to kind of stick to my nose.[

Chris Richie, are you trying to say something???

anyone get their hands on this helmet yet? Looks like an awesome helmet.
I have the new mission put on about 3000 km so far this year awesome helmet first time I slid it on it was a great fit. Really like the wind visor. I have the heated helmet but we’ve been running -20° no issues. On the other hand my brother has the oxygen both we’re on the same trip. Thing I didn’t not like about the oxygen as you’ve got a custom fit the ears and if you don’t have a Balaklava on the helmets very uncomfortable. He liked the four heated head because that keeps the sunvisor she did also. Great ventilation on the mission No issues wearing glasses

I bought a Mission with electric shield that I will be trying out tomorrow. They definitely fit different than other CKX helmets such as the Tranz 1.5. I needed an XLarge in the Tranz 1.5 but the Large fits great in the Mission. I am worried that it might be a little too warm on warmer days due to the large chin curtain. If so, I will probably buy a second chin curtain and modify it to be smaller for use on warmer days.

Any use this helmet with glasses?
I do, but I only have about 500 miles with it in mostly mild temperatures. It seems to have plenty of ventilation though.
I will say, getting it to fit right has been kind of a headache so far. I ordered it after trying one on at the snow show, but when I got mine it seemed to fit a little different. The cheek pads were a little too tight, so I ordered some new ones. I fits better, but I can't get the breath deflector to fit on my face properly. Somewhere on the web, I read there are two different size shields and getting the other size may move the breath deflector some. I don't know? It definitely seems like a quality helmet, but make sure to try it on.

but I can't get the breath deflector to fit on my face properly. Somewhere on the web, I read there are two different size shields and getting the other size may move the breath deflector some. I don't know?
see post 11 in this thread.........

I have some interest in this helmet, so I have a question for those that have one already. I saw one review (you tube), he stated that the AMS creates a lot of wind noise inside the helmet as the AMS moves the air very close to the ear. Can you guys that have a mission helmet give your opinions regarding wind noise?

I have some interest in this helmet, so I have a question for those that have one already. I saw one review (you tube), he stated that the AMS creates a lot of wind noise inside the helmet as the AMS moves the air very close to the ear. Can you guys that have a mission helmet give your opinions regarding wind noise?

At faster speeds (80mph+) there is a fair amount wind noise but otherwise is fine. I really like this helmet and k have had a BUNCH of them over the last 5 years.

It is the quietest snow helmet I have ever had. I have had over 10.....

I've got this helmet on the radar for next season. Thanks for everyone who's taken the time to report your findings so far this season.

Just about every question that I've had has already been answered so far on this thread, but there's one question that I'm still wondering about.....

Has anyone found it necessary to use a balaclava with this helmet or is it warm enough to get by without anything else over your head?

I've got this helmet on the radar for next season. Thanks for everyone who's taken the time to report your findings so far this season.

Just about every question that I've had has already been answered so far on this thread, but there's one question that I'm still wondering about.....

Has anyone found it necessary to use a balaclava with this helmet or is it warm enough to get by without anything else over your head?

If it is above 25F, I wear a very thin balaclava yet. If it is colder than that, I have a BRP open-face balaclava that has a neck skirt built-in. You might get away without a balaclava if you have other means to seal up the area between the helmet & your jacket. I have found that with my thin balaclava, I get a little bit of a leak in that area when I turn my head but it is only an issue if it is colder than maybe 25F.

A balaclava also keeps the helmet "cleaner" inside. ;)

I don't wear a balaclava, never have. I only wear a turtle fur up to my chin. If you properly attach the neck curtains no wind gets in the helmet. To me , the helmet is very warm, almost too warm on days above freezing.

Back