• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CKX Mission AMS Helmet

I have some interest in this helmet, so I have a question for those that have one already. I saw one review (you tube), he stated that the AMS creates a lot of wind noise inside the helmet as the AMS moves the air very close to the ear
That is ridiculous. The only way you are going to hear that noise through the AMS is if you stuff a kazoo inside it. Really, last week I was cruising high speed and could only hear the wind that hit the Bluetooth unit on the outside of the helmet.

That is ridiculous. The only way you are going to hear that noise through the AMS is if you stuff a kazoo inside it. Really, last week I was cruising high speed and could only hear the wind that hit the Bluetooth unit on the outside of the helmet.

Apparently they've just issued a safety recall on all Mission helmets and have asked dealers to remove them from their shelves immediately.

Apparently they've just issued a safety recall on all Mission helmets and have asked dealers to remove them from their shelves immediately.

Huh??? Where did you see this? Link?
I have 2 of these helmets.

I needed a new helmet and all my Doo riding buddies have the BRP Oxygen so I did not even consider the Oxygen.

I purchased a CKX Mission AMS a couple weeks ago and here's my .02c

Day 1 conditions:
- 3 c
-windy
-100 miles of lake and trail riding

Helmet configuration:
-chin curtain removed
-breath deflector removed
-balaclava worn

Comments[Day 1]:
-excellent fit
-very comfortable
-good vision
-very little wind effect in helmet on face or eyes
-quieter then my old helmet, less wind noise
-no fogging plugged in or unplugged even on sun shield

Day 2 conditions:
-12 c
-light winds

Helmet configurations:
-chin curtain installed
-breath deflector initially installed then removed
-no balaclava

Comments[day2]:
-No wind effect inside helmet on face or eyes
-relatively quiet in regards to wind noise
-sun shield would interfere with breath deflector when the visor was opened but no issues with visor closed
-warm
-no fogging with or without helmet plugged in and breath deflector installed
-a little fogging when stopped with shield closed and not plugged in but cleared once moving again
-absolutely No fogging when helmet shield was plugged in with or without breath deflector installed

Overall observations:

I will probably use this helmet with the chin curtain installed but without the breath deflector as it has the heated shield and the sun visor would interfere with the breath deflector when trying to ride with the main visor open and sun shield down.

Great helmet, good vision, relatively quiet, light weight, looks good...also the sun visor attachment works way better then I thought it would.

I am happy with my purchase.

I find the chin curtain makes a big difference in noise and wind inside the helmet.

Good friend of mine that works at a BRP dealership uses this helmet and loves it. Says the best he ever had and he used to have the oxygen.
I haven't tried one yet......next year.

I needed a new helmet and all my Doo riding buddies have the BRP Oxygen so I did not even consider the Oxygen.

I purchased a CKX Mission AMS a couple weeks ago and here's my .02c

Day 1 conditions:
- 3 c
-windy

Helmet configuration:
-chin curtain removed
-breath deflector removed
-balaclava worn

Comments[Day 1]:
-excellent fit
-very comfortable
-good vision
-very little wind effect in helmet on face or eyes
-quieter then my old helmet, less wind noise
-no fogging plugged in or unplugged even on sun shield

Day 2 conditions:
-12 c
-light winds

Helmet configurations:
-chin curtain installed
-breath deflector initially installed then removed
-no balaclava

Comments[day2]:
-No wind effect inside helmet on face or eyes
-relatively quiet in regards to wind noise
-sun shield would interfere with breath deflector when the visor was opened but no issues with visor closed
-warm
-no fogging with or without helmet plugged in and breath deflector installed
-a little fogging when stopped with shield closed and not plugged in but cleared once moving again
-absolutely No fogging when helmet shield was plugged in with or without breath deflector installed

Overall observations:

I will probably use this helmet with the chin curtain installed but without the breath deflector as it has the heated shield and the sun visor would interfere with the breath deflector when trying to ride with the main visor open and sun shield down.

Great helmet, good vision, relatively quiet, light weight, looks good...also the sun visor attachment works way better then I thought it would.

I am happy with my purchase.

With this helmet, the sun shield is never supposed to be in the down position when the shield is opened.

I think you could use the sunshield with the visor up IF you where not using the breath box.

Inner sun shield works great with breath guard removed and main shield opened up but I bet CKX would not recommend doing this because as a safety measure they wouldn't endorse anyone riding with the main shield open.

Great discussion guys. This helmet is on the top of my list. Another question I have is this, is the electric version shield clear or does it have the dreaded tint? I don't really think I will use the heated shield much but want it if the need arises.

Great discussion guys. This helmet is on the top of my list. Another question I have is this, is the electric version shield clear or does it have the dreaded tint? I don't really think I will use the heated shield much but want it if the need arises.

It is clear and very optically clear (no distortion).

Back