• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CKX Mission AMS Helmet

Perfect! I have yet to get my hands on one, thus all my questions. I'm looking at the carbon fiber for the lightest version available. Really looking forward to seeing one soon.

Perfect! I have yet to get my hands on one, thus all my questions. I'm looking at the carbon fiber for the lightest version available. Really looking forward to seeing one soon.

There is minimal weight difference between the standard or carbon fiber versions. There is only a 3.52 oz difference

Standard Weight: ± 50g : 1680 grams (3.70 lbs) (59.2 oz)
Carbon fiber weight: ± 50g : 1580 grams (3.48 lbs) (55.68 oz)

Last edited:
There is minimal weight difference between the standard or carbon fiber versions. There is only a 3.52 oz difference

Standard Weight: ± 50g : 1680 grams (3.70 lbs) (59.2 oz)
Carbon fiber weight: ± 50g : 1580 grams (3.48 lbs) (55.68 oz)

Yeah I get it but I should have added that I like the looks of the carbon fiber vs. standard version (even colored ones). Plus its slightly lighter. If it was over $200 difference in price I would opt for the standard version but its $120 for the carbon fiber vs. standard. That's manageable for me.

Great discussion guys. This helmet is on the top of my list. Another question I have is this, is the electric version shield clear or does it have the dreaded tint? I don't really think I will use the heated shield much but want it if the need arises.
That is THE reason for me buying this helmet. Heated shields have a very small amount of tint, which for me, makes it very hard to see in low/flat light conditions. I bought the helmet BECAUSE it did not need a heated shield. I ran a non heated shield all year with NO problems. The only time I had a problem was in the rain--once. I don't even have a heated shield for it.
I think you will find that the heated shield has that very same bit of tint you speak of.
I also changed the sunshield from yellow to amber. This made a big difference for me in low light condition. I actually ended up using the amber shield almost in all conditions, sun, flat light, whatever. It just worked well for me.
If you have the opportunity to get your hands on one try it with long nose and short nose shields to find the best fit for the breath box.. If you are at a dealer it is really easy to change the shield from one helmet to another. The ease of shield and sunglass removal also makes it really easy to clean.

I also changed the sunshield from yellow to amber. This made a big difference for me in low light condition. I actually ended up using the amber shield almost in all conditions, sun, flat light, whatever. It just worked well for me.

Yeah, these helmets should have never come with the yellow suns shield. Amber is BY FAR better for most situations while riding a snowmobile. When I used to downhill ski a lot, I had amber lenses in my ski goggles and they worked great for cutting the glare on very bright sunny days, helped see the terrain better in low-light such as when the sun was setting, and also worked very well at night while not being too dark. The downside is that everything looked very BLUE when I took them off after wearing them for a while. LOL

I wore the Yamaha snow force helmet for years without ever using a heated shield but had one just in case I needed it. I believe the Mission is exactly what I'm used to using only better. I hope they offer more versions of the sun shield though. I like my polarized photochromatic smoke googles over any thing else I've tried including polarized yellow, polarized amber and polarized photochromatic blue. One thing with our group is everyone likes something different so everyone's eye is different. We have a few members in our group that wear the CKX Titan and they love the helmet but wish there were more options for lenses. I would have to believe more options will become available as time passes with sun shields and lenses as both helmets are fairly new.

Looking at getting a new helmet for next year. I am trying to decide between a ckx mission or a Oxygen. I Currently have a modular 3 and I am finding it has a lot of wind noise at higher speeds. Can anyone using a mission that has had a modular 3 comment on wind noise.

I didn't pull the trigger last season on a helmet. Still like the Mission but the Oxygen is super comfortable. That said, I notice that depending on the size of the windshield and if airflow is hitting my face or chest it will dictate the amount of wind noise on most of my helmets.

I recently began using a shorter windshield again for that reason.

I find it to be one of the quietest helmets I have ever owned, and I have had probably over 30. I actually added a Bluetooth device to the outside of the helmet for a long trip and that was about the only noise I heard, the wind going over the device.

I didn't pull the trigger last season on a helmet. Still like the Mission but the Oxygen is super comfortable. That said, I notice that depending on the size of the windshield and if airflow is hitting my face or chest it will dictate the amount of wind noise on most of my helmets.

I recently began using a shorter windshield again for that reason.

your not the first one that I have heard going to a lower windshield with the oxygen.

your not the first one that I have heard going to a lower windshield with the oxygen.
That's with any helmet, the windshield can be your worst enemy. For me its either gotta be big enough to put the turbulence above my helmet or low enough to hit me in the chest. I prefer the lower option too. I have the medium windshield on my sidewinder but need to cut it down about an inch or so. I got to wear an Oxygen for a day this past winter and all I had to do was lift my head up ever so slightly and the wind noise was gone. Wearing that helmet was good for finding that zone.

UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on a Mission Helmet last weekend. I was fishing in Grayling and had some time to kill on Friday morning so did the dealer locate and saw a new dealer out of Gaylord....perfect. Called and they said we just became a dealer and the first shipment of mission helmets just arrived this morning....perfect. When I arrived the new helmets where still in there boxes....perfect. I was the first person to try on this new shipment of helmets and you guessed it... perfect, because of this china virus. Anyway I finally got one in my hands, super nice helmet. Felt light on my head and settled on a size but needed to adjust the cheek pads to a larger size than the XL came with. The 2021 colors were just released so I went with a Red helmet with the electric heated shield. The heated shields are as clear as the the standard shield with no distortion what so ever. I don't believe I will use the heated shield much but in case I need it I have it, but you never know I may like the freedom of not having to use the breath deflector. I will definitely find the best method for me. Thanks to everyone who gave incite on there experience with the mission helmet as it was a great help.

P.S. I did upgrade the sun visor to a smoked version.

P.S.S. The down side is the 2021's wont be available until mid to late November so I still have to wait before I get the helmet.

UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on a Mission Helmet last weekend. I was fishing in Grayling and had some time to kill on Friday morning so did the dealer locate and saw a new dealer out of Gaylord....perfect. Called and they said we just became a dealer and the first shipment of mission helmets just arrived this morning....perfect. When I arrived the new helmets where still in there boxes....perfect. I was the first person to try on this new shipment of helmets and you guessed it... perfect, because of this china virus. Anyway I finally got one in my hands, super nice helmet. Felt light on my head and settled on a size but needed to adjust the cheek pads to a larger size than the XL came with. The 2021 colors were just released so I went with a Red helmet with the electric heated shield. The heated shields are as clear as the the standard shield with no distortion what so ever. I don't believe I will use the heated shield much but in case I need it I have it, but you never know I may like the freedom of not having to use the breath deflector. I will definitely find the best method for me. Thanks to everyone who gave incite on there experience with the mission helmet as it was a great help.

P.S. I did upgrade the sun visor to a smoked version.

P.S.S. The down side is the 2021's wont be available until mid to late November so I still have to wait before I get the helmet.

Thanks for the feebback and update. Just curious, what dealer in Gaylord had these. I'd like to visit them...

Thanks for the feebback and update. Just curious, what dealer in Gaylord had these. I'd like to visit them...
The sled shed.

The new 2021 mission helmet (new color options) wont be available until Christmas and that's an estimated delivery. The carbon fiber helmet will be available November 1 so I switched to the carbon fiber. Not gonna risk getting a colored one before our first trip in January, we depart on the 8th.

Back