• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clear Trail Tank install on standard Nytro, pictures

Ok I have my tank 99% installed & I want to go sledding in the AM, I cant for the life of me figure out why the bcak lower bolts wont come up past the rear of the tank so i can attach the nuts?, they seem too low for some apparent reason ?? Am I doing something wrong here?? (It's the 2 large studs which hold the tank down @ the back on the tunnel) Help I'm puzzled???? :o|

those tanks look awsome but do they allow enough room for the air intake tube from an mcx turbo kit to pass by ???

parkindale said:
Ok I have my tank 99% installed & I want to go sledding in the AM, I cant for the life of me figure out why the bcak lower bolts wont come up past the rear of the tank so i can attach the nuts?, they seem too low for some apparent reason ?? Am I doing something wrong here?? (It's the 2 large studs which hold the tank down @ the back on the tunnel) Help I'm puzzled???? :o|

I'm not sure I understand completely? My tank studs would not go all the way to the back of the tank, meaning the tank would not slide far enough forward for the stud to be at the back of the slot on the tank. Mine was in the middle. If you are talking about height, then my studs did not protrude very high above the tank. It took some doing to get the CLLLC nuts to thread onto the stock studs.

AKrider said:
parkindale said:

I'm not sure I understand completely? My tank studs would not go all the way to the back of the tank, meaning the tank would not slide far enough forward for the stud to be at the back of the slot on the tank. Mine was in the middle. If you are talking about height, then my studs did not protrude very high above the tank. It took some doing to get the CLLLC nuts to thread onto the stock studs.
Well i did manage to get the nuts fastend but know I'm having difficulty sliding the tank far enough ahead.What/ how did you manage to get the tank further ahead? Mine needs to go at least another half inch forward to be able to fasten the seat bolt's?

This tank is great, a little tight fit, but it´s one of the best things you can buy to improve the nytro.

Couple things to check if your tank won't go forward enough.
1. Take the main wiring harness and route it so it hangs from a little hook right under the steering post. Mine was lower and getting caught between the top of the tank and the steering hoop. I also slipped a small piece of fuel line over the hook to prevent it from chaffing the wiring harness.
2. Make sure your fuel line and electric line running to the pump are correctly routed and set in the groove at the front of the tank.
3. I used a dead blow hammer to get my tank to go forward. I smacked the tank along the back edge and got the studs to the halfway point in the slots.
4. I think the metal portion of my throttle cable was hitting on the back of the tank preventing it from going all the way forward. I didn't try to correct this.
5. I had to bend my seat bolt brackets slightly forward to get my seat bolted on.

AKrider said:
Couple things to check if your tank won't go forward enough.
1. Take the main wiring harness and route it so it hangs from a little hook right under the steering post. Mine was lower and getting caught between the top of the tank and the steering hoop. I also slipped a small piece of fuel line over the hook to prevent it from chaffing the wiring harness.
2. Make sure your fuel line and electric line running to the pump are correctly routed and set in the groove at the front of the tank.
3. I used a dead blow hammer to get my tank to go forward. I smacked the tank along the back edge and got the studs to the halfway point in the slots.
4. I think the metal portion of my throttle cable was hitting on the back of the tank preventing it from going all the way forward. I didn't try to correct this.
5. I had to bend my seat bolt brackets slightly forward to get my seat bolted on.
thanks for your help. I'll go back at it again tommorow ;)!

Gauge

Thanks for the help and description. It will help this weekend with the install. ANy issues with the Gauge reading correctly? I have the black tank, not the clear one. SO correct readings would be kind of nice if your on a long trail. Thanks again :rocks:

Attachments

• track.jpg
    track.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 105
  • skid.jpg
    skid.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 112
Question

I only like trail riding and I ride in ontario I orderd a 2009 fx nytro rtx se doesn't the stalk tank go the same distant as any other sled like ski-doo,artic cat,polaris ext.

Re: Question

#1 FX Nytro said:
I only like trail riding and I ride in ontario I orderd a 2009 fx nytro rtx se doesn't the stalk tank go the same distant as any other sled like ski-doo,artic cat,polaris ext.

I rode a full week around the Bancroft area with 5L straped to the tunnel. I didn't open it all week except to fill it on the first day and empty it on the last.

You SHOULD do ok if your group is mixed but if you ride with other 4 strokes, especially the Vectors, you'll be the one needing gas first.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=54533

Re: Gauge

sheetwright said:
Thanks for the help and description. It will help this weekend with the install. ANy issues with the Gauge reading correctly? I have the black tank, not the clear one. SO correct readings would be kind of nice if your on a long trail. Thanks again :rocks:

No issues with the gauge, it just reads full for a longer period of time.

ak rider, how has the tank held up to "yellowing" from fuel staining so far? was curious on that. i have an 02 skidoo (i know) mxzx 440lc race sled custom that has the tank and it yellows alittle year to year. i heard that the trail tank had a "better, whiter" compound to avoid this issue. i am deciding wether to order black or clear as we type. gonna happen in the next week or so i hope. ski

Kinda funny, I too have an '02 Zx440. I just went out to the shed to look as its tank and while it is a bit dingy and needs to be cleaned, it's okay as far as turning yellow. No yellowing issues with my Nytro tank.

My buddy had a Polaris XC 800 with a clear tank and it started getting a yellow tinge. I think it is primarily caused by sunlight and he rarely covered his sled and left it outside all summer long. I keep my rigs in a shed with the covers on. So far it has kept them looking really good compared to other sleds in my area of the same vintage.

Back