• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Lubrication?

subysti04

Extreme
OK I searched the forum but found nothing. The service manual says to lube the clutch but I cannot find anything about where and how? Are there other important lube points besides the suspension I'm missing? I missed the driveshaft bearing on my daughters polaris and blew the bearing out.

BTW it's an 07 Apex GT.

The manual says to lube the weight face, where it contacts the roller. Most guys run them dry. As a matter of fact some the the clutching gurus would tar and feather you for even mentioning grease and clutch in the same sentence. I run them dry. As far as the rest of the sled hit the suspension and front suspension fittings. I also spray lithium grease into the front A arm bushings, and the steering joints.

clutch

i use acetone but be very careful it's hard on you to breath also wear
thick rubber gloves. try not to breath it.

instead of using acetone try using contact cleaner it works the same but it is easier on the body and it leaves no residue.

The only type of lube that is safe to use is dry graphite powder can be bought at any hardware store. It is safe to use on Roller bushings, flyweight bushing, and sheave bushings and slides. Racers have been using it for years.

Back