• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Rollers

Enticer

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha LTXDX
I have an 03 RX1 with a HH clutch kit. It has the stock 15MM rollers. I think from past Yamaha clutch experience that 14.5MM rollers could help 0-100 drag racing. The question I have is with the HH arms being just a little shorter can you use the 14.5 rollers without a problem? If anyone has tried this tell me what you found - good or bad. Thanks. Enticer

You can use the 14.5 rollers as long as you havnt machined your sheaves or installed a machined split collar. The HH are short with the 14.5 but they are fine. Install the HH, 14.5 rollers then put cover on and close clutch to double check to ease your mind.

I run HH with the 14.5 rollers and also have different split collars and mine are fine, but always recommend people check before they install the spring...BBY

I use the 14.5 rollers in my Hauck Billet clutch, which has machined sheaves, with Heavy Hitters and have had no problems. Go for itb ;)!

BlueByYou2000 said:
You can use the 14.5 rollers as long as you havnt machined your sheaves or installed a machined split collar.

BBY, correct me if I'm wrong, but using machined split collars shouldn't effect how close the weight end comes to the roller only if you machine your sheaves.
No, now that I think about it, actually machined split collars should make it better. By reducing the side clearance in the primary, the roller position on the weight arm during engagement is closer to the pivot point, and during full shift out will also be closer to the pivot point. This should then allow you to slightly machine the sheaves to achieve more overdrive in the primary, if you desire, without running off the end of the roller. ;)!

Back