• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching and Traction

06 apex what kit

i just bought 06 apex er thinking of gearing it down... i just intalled 144 1.375 studs down the middle... what clutch kit would be the best for drag racing 2000 feet, and running the trails :flag:

Get the white Yamaha secondary spring and set it at 60 degrees and drop one tooth to a 23 top gear. Best 50 bucks ever spent. Also, before you install the helix over the spring, put in a 5/16" washer on each tower to keep the helix away for the bushings, this help it pull a little better on top end.

welterracer said:
I have slightly drilled out my center and tip rivets on stock weights..

Sled now pulls 10,700 out of the hole and pulls up to 10,900 on mid and top end..

Sled has amazing low and midrange power (pulls the skis from a stand still about 2 inches and can hold them till over 100mph on the dremmeter!

My sled stock with only these mods can just barely outrun my buddys 2005 ZR900... i get him by about 2 sled lenghts and hold it..

Here is my question.. How do i get more top end out of it... 109MPH on the dremmeter on hardpack snow is the tops ive ever gotton... I could get 119 out of my warrior!

Im still running stock weights, springs, and stock helix (but is machined)
Brian you are going the wrong way with the stock weights,add weight to the tip only,leaving the other two rivets at 4.5 grms,set your stock helix at 60 degrees w/pink spring after you either shimmed the helix or cut the hub,now go back to the primary get the yammi g/w/g add two yammi 1mm shims and drop down 1 tooth on top,it will come out at 10,500 and pull to 10,800,oh i forgot add two grams to your tip hole above and beyond the stock 4.5,so make it 6.5 tip,and other two at stock 4.5 for a total weight of your arm weight of 83.5-84 grms. it pulls sick!!

SledFreak said:
Why add two shims to the Primary?
Because it is a g/w/g spring and the force needs a little help.

mnmsnowbeast said:
SledFreak said:

What is your engagment at with this combo?

BADSLED said:
mnmsnowbeast said:
SledFreak said:

What is your engagment at with this combo?
Around 3800-4000 nice for trail riding,i did 300 miles this weekend with it,and it pulls hard and smooth.

Back