• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching issues

2008FxNytro said:
Turk said:
Toss that silver secondary spring in the garbage can & use the stock pink

They gave me the spring with the helix. so run the stock blac spring with pink dot, with their helix?

What do i do to get more RPM, add or subtract weight and where?

Thanks

Try setting your secondary to the 6-3 position, this usually raises rpm

I cleaned my clutches lastnight and when I had the secondary apart I noticed that the helix had rough edges where it slides on the buttons... So I took fine sand paper and smoothed it out. I tried it lastnight at al toms and it didn't seem to do it.... This was the factory helix. Ill see if maybe that was the problem.

nytroman20 said:
2008FxNytro said:
Turk said:
Toss that silver secondary spring in the garbage can & use the stock pink

They gave me the spring with the helix. so run the stock blac spring with pink dot, with their helix?

What do i do to get more RPM, add or subtract weight and where?

Thanks

Try setting your secondary to the 6-3 position, this usually raises rpm

I did do that. conditions havent been great since i have. seemed to get some more rpm out of it but didnt seem to pull as good. couple guys told me this is really not a good way to do it, and that it will mess with the backshift also.

yea im gonna go back to 6-2 or 6-1. idk what doing that to weights would do. im a clutching rookie. it seems most are leaving center empty. turk told me i may need two washers in tip i believe so i may try it. idk if this would raise rpm or not though

the more weight you add will pull rpms down. the tip has more to do with rpm at full shift. closer to the pin has more to do with lower shift rpms. The secondary should be tuned for backshift ,need enough spring to keep belt from slipping on clutch . Best to check for heat on both clutches cool to the touch means they are not slipping. Hope this helps ;)!

thanks STOCK, that def helps, gonna run stock secondary spring at 6-2, and check it. i have vented panels so clutches should stay pretty cool. if need more rpm ill take washer out of tip and try it.

Back