• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutching

Jd2859

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 sidewinder LTX GT
I know this has been talked about a million times but I put a clutch kit on my sled tried to fine tune to reduce secondary heat and get the top speed I was wanting but its just not the kit that im looking for im looking for a kit that's gonna be great for the trails and once I hit the lake id like to be able to do 95-100 mph curious what you guys are using and your experience with it

What clutch kit did you purchase very hard to help out if nobody knows what kit you have. :dunno:

What RPM's are you pulling in the mid range and at the top end? Which belt are you running, I couldn't get any constancy 8JP and my sled runs better with the 8DN with a shimmed secondary. 100mph takes a long stretch on plowed road with my sled, best I've seen is 102mph and that's with the Big Venom kit tuned to pull 9000rpm up top. "Normal" trail conditions are upper 80's with my 141x1.75 track.

What clutch kit did you purchase very hard to help out if nobody knows what kit you have. :dunno:
What RPM's are you pulling in the mid range and at the top end? Which belt are you running, I couldn't get any constancy 8JP and my sled runs better with the 8DN with a shimmed secondary. 100mph takes a long stretch on plowed road with my sled, best I've seen is 102mph and that's with the Big Venom kit tuned to pull 9000rpm up top. "Normal" trail conditions are upper 80's with my 141x1.75 track.
running a 8dn also my rpms are 8900 my stock clutching I could hit 93 mph pretty quick the set up I had id be lucky to hit 85 on the lake I ordered the big venom kit yesterday sounds like everyone is pretty happy with there's

Get rid of the 8DN you will have better performance with the stock 8JP. I have done back to back testing between the two belts the 8JP is 3 to 4 mph faster on top end.

Back