• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutching

ks.otsig

i have a 2008 apex ltx gt that is stock set up for sask canada. 2000 ft trail etc. i installed a 2"x136 track a will be going riding in the mts in april,nothing to big ,just want the sled to perform properly.can anyone suggest proper clutching? primary&secondary.the machine is fuel injected so that should look after it self. we will be riding in valemount bc at about 5 to 6000 ft i think. thanx in advance, ko.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you won't have to worry too much about the clutching, you'll be too busy digging. The 2" paddle will help but it just doesn't do the trick. These things are a tank in the deep stuff.
If it's really crusty you'll do better, just stay in someone else's track if you're trying to climb, and if you need to stop make a circle and stop in your own track.
Anywho, I've ridden my Attak at around 3-4000' and didn't notice much difference. When it's in powder it will dog down to high 8's / low 9's, and if you adjust for that you'll be over by a long shot when you ride anything hard.
I know a few guys that are running the Shockwave adjustable helix for their secondary and have really loved them.

missed the question!

bashley;i feel very enlightened & educated after your reply.you seem to have totally missed the topic.i know that the machine is heavy i ride it every day and it works fine.i'm 50 years old and have always rode flat land,but am following my son to the hills.all i want is the sled to turn proper rpm's at 5,6000 ft,re clutch weight,spring combo's etc.i don't plan on becoming the next best hill climber,just can't stand a sled that runs at 20% under proper rpm.i do have good experiance with snowmoblies,atv's etc as i have owned many,just don't have any exp with higher elev clutching. thanx. ko

Back