• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 43 on 09 Nytro and dealers ridiculous solution

My sled did the same thing 2 weeks before I change the starter relay , around 0 degrees, put the hair dryer on the starter relay for a couple minutes and sled started right up. 2 weeks later after a night of riding I left sled outside over night and went out in the morning it was about -8 and motor would not turn over, fuel pump would'nt cycle and code 43 Flashing. I tried the hair dryer on the fuel pump relay for about 10 mins and nothing so I went into camp brought out the new starter relay installed it tried starting it , fuel pump cycled and sled started right up. Most of the electrical system is tied into that starter relay someway or another.

So here's the less than $20.00 fix...Pull starter relay and fuel system relays and put (Dielectric) Grease on them and plug them back in. Second go to Napa and pick up spare starter relay and fuel system relay to bring with you when you ride. If you're going overnight and leaving your sled outside make sure to bring spare relays inside with you to stay warm.
Finally run a few ounces of dry gas in your fuel to take out any moisture that's present.
Seems odd to have to do this (which it is) but I've done it this way for 2 yrs without any issues.

Starter relay and the ecu are the same part, The starter relay has 2 fuses and a larger green relay. I took mine apart this past fall and one of the fuses had corroded inside, when I pulled it half of it stayed inside the slot, said to myself this is not good, pulled it off sled clean with electric cleaner and put a ton of dielectric grease on it. Was fine till the 1st couple sub zero days and sometimes the sled would just go click when you tried to start it. The starter relay is somewhere around 50 or 60 bucks from yamaha.

RealDeal said:
Starter relay and the ecu are the same part, The starter relay has 2 fuses and a larger green relay. I took mine apart this past fall and one of the fuses had corroded inside, when I pulled it half of it stayed inside the slot, said to myself this is not good, pulled it off sled clean with electric cleaner and put a ton of dielectric grease on it. Was fine till the 1st couple sub zero days and sometimes the sled would just go click when you tried to start it. The starter relay is somewhere around 50 or 60 bucks from yamaha.

I got the same starter relay through Napa for $17.98US. I'll try to find the part # and post

Well a few things here. That morning it was recommended to me to put dry gas in there. So I tried that out and that didn't work. Stupid question but does die electric grease have a freezing point? I guess I could buy a starter/fuel pump relay and bring them inside with me. Is there something that can be done/made to help the fuse box be more protected aganist the elements? Cause that seems to be the problem here. Any ideas?

Same thing happened on my 08 rtx. After a cold ride in the snow dust, sled would crank but no start. Code 43 flashes. The fuel pump relay was frozen. You should hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds each time the key is turned on. If not, pull off the hood and tap the relay with a knife handle while the key is on. Once you hear the fuel pump kick in you are good to go. Had this happen several times. I ended up replacing the relay and no more troubles. It seems that once moisture gets in the relay, it will never dry out.

Back