• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

conceal and carry while riding

Yeah. I wear a shammy shirt or my bibs actually cover the pistol pretty well.

I put my holster on before my bibs so it keeps it snug against my chest too.

Not sure of brand. Picked it up at cabelas. I will see what I can find out.

Awesome i will have to take a look at them. Looks like it would jelp keep my pants up to since i have no rear end.

Ha. It's a decent set up in my opinion.

Had mine for about 4 yrs. holds my 1911 with a 5" barrel just fine.

Awesome i normally carry a glock 30s which is light so it should work.

For sure. My 1911 heavier so you prob won't even notice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry mine in my tank bag right in front of me. It's in a fabric case with loaded clip right there with it. I can get it out and loaded in a short fashion without have to only remove my gloves.

I'm glad I just saw this thread because I just a got my permit about a month ago and was wondering how others carry while riding. I like the shoulder mount the best I think. Normally I carry inside the waist band but I was a bit worried it might fall out while riding. I also have a tank bag but thats not very water proof so I would hate for my pistol to get wet.

For sure. My 1911 heavier so you prob won't even notice

Hi buddy,
I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm looking at 1911 .45's myself. Leaning toward Remington R1s enhanced. What do you have, and any opinions??

Hi buddy,
I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm looking at 1911 .45's myself. Leaning toward Remington R1s enhanced. What do you have, and any opinions??

I have a full size Rock Island 1911. It's heavy but I love the feel and it has some good knock down power.

I ride a lot in northern Maine sometimes alone and a lot at night with a buddy or two. I like the insurance against coyotes or some weirdos if we have a breakdown.

I purchased a stainless .45 Girsan from Buds Gun shop online but was informed the next day that due to a computer error they didn't have the gun in stock. Funny how they will take your payment for firearms immediately, but takes 3 to 5 business days for a refund! ? Anyhow I'm searching again.

wow!!! this is one topic i never thought anyone would be discussing on a snowmobile forum, but then again I don't live in the US.
Heroine junkies unfortunately don't hibernate, so better to be safe than sorry.

Back