• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

conceal and carry while riding

wow!!! this is one topic i never thought anyone would be discussing on a snowmobile forum, but then again I don't live in the US.

Recent events both in my personal life and whatching on the news that are close to home have made this a reality. I allways prepare for everything. My freinds think iam over prepared until i have that tool they need broken down on the trail or on the road. My #*$&@ doesnt brake because i fix everything. My daily driver has enough stuff in it to last a week if i have a problem. Not that it would ever happen nor would i ever try and put my self in the situation. But i walk out of my house knowing everyday that #*$&@ can and will glhit the fan. when a cuatomer walks in to your work place with a gun everyone runs behind the guy with a gun... trust me it comes from experience. Youll never catch that story on the news. Good guy with a gun stops guy with an illegal one. Good thing he had no idea how to use it. The first trigger pull had no round to hit. Scariest thing i have ever encountered.

Recent events both in my personal life and whatching on the news that are close to home have made this a reality. I allways prepare for everything. My freinds think iam over prepared until i have that tool they need broken down on the trail or on the road. My #*$&@ doesnt brake because i fix everything. My daily driver has enough stuff in it to last a week if i have a problem. Not that it would ever happen nor would i ever try and put my self in the situation. But i walk out of my house knowing everyday that #*$&@ can and will glhit the fan. when a cuatomer walks in to your work place with a gun everyone runs behind the guy with a gun... trust me it comes from experience. Youll never catch that story on the news. Good guy with a gun stops guy with an illegal one. Good thing he had no idea how to use it. The first trigger pull had no round to hit. Scariest thing i have ever encountered.
I am the same way. I would much rather have the tools and not need them then need the tools and not have them. That way I know for a fact that I will be ok if something happens. My buddies all give me #*$&@ for bringing just about ever tool I own when we go on a trip somewhere but when they break down guess who they come too because they don't have the tools... Me!

I actually had no idea that was a rule there. Bunch of bs if you ask me. Im sure no one will answere that question for obvious reasons. Obviously everyone should play by the rules. Fortunately we dont stop at "BARS" so that wont be a problem for me. Also if i remember right if you have a cpl and open carry it is legal. But im not 100% sure
Well ... If your going to carry in another state (other than state of issue) you are expected to know and abide by that states laws..... Mich law states by description ,Bar/tavern where sales and consumption of liquor is the primary source of income is a No No . That would be many places we could stop while out sledding. Not to start a debate but simply really wondering how you would handle this and secure a weapon outside a place you cant carry in while on a sled? Yes the simple thing is to not stop at a place that is in question....Also just trying to help guys that may carry and are riding in Michigan from out of state.

Last edited:
is it is the law in WI too?
Im not sure to be honest i have been looking for an easy reliable source for state carry laws. going through the state webites are confusing and have really baf wording.

Im not sure to be honest i have been looking for an easy reliable source for state carry laws. going through the state webites are confusing and have really baf wording.
Its called" The travelers guide to the firearm laws of the fifty states" It is issued every year. www.gunlawguide.com and I think its around 15.00$ its very easy to follow and understand. Very helpful...

When I got my cc permit 5 years ago it stated you can go in a bar as long as you don't drink but who knows it could have changed

wow!!! this is one topic i never thought anyone would be discussing on a snowmobile forum, but then again I don't live in the US.
I carry a knife! No need for a handgun. Id rather carry an axe. Something to help me survive broke down in -40! But hey I'm Canadian too!

Got that too. Axe and knife on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chest holster.........remove the glove, unzip and it's ready.

Yup, Shagman and I know this to well. The guy from out of state was trying to tell Shagman that he should go back to his hometown and we both yelled at him saying we were only 2 miles from his home! Idiots....

My work encourages carry conceal and open carry....mine is right next to me at work
i just found this post
you better carry at union grove
maybe see you this season
duane rister

i just found this post
you better carry at union grove
maybe see you this season
duane rister

Hey Duane,

Hope to see and ride with you this season!

Union Grove.....no kidding, right?

Nos will remember riding for 2000 miles with Gary and his hatchet, we got that out several times. Turned out to be very useful. Not sure helpful if somebody comes at me with a GUN.
Hey that's why we ride Yamaha right, their reliable, we turn the key they start and we RIDE AWAY.

Nos will remember riding for 2000 miles with Gary and his hatchet, we got that out several times. Turned out to be very useful. Not sure helpful if somebody comes at me with a GUN.
Hey that's why we ride Yamaha right, their reliable, we turn the key they start and we RIDE AWAY.

I do remember that Mark ;)!

Back