• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CONFUSED

I had a F1100 turbo too. So did a few of my other buddies. We don't have them any longer. All are back on Doo's. I feel sorry for the guys buying Cats. I don't know if they didn't do their homework or if they fail to believe the issues and think they have what it takes to make them better.

Don't know why the die hard Yamaha guys think this Viper is going to be any different. It's made by Cat! The engineers that built it need to be flat out fired! They missed the mark on cloning the Doo so far its crazy. Anyone that's had the Cat knows what I'm speaking of. IMO that chassis is a complete failure. With the exception of the front suspension, that is the only component worth keeping, all other parts on the chassis can be scrapped they are that sub-par.

Brakes, shafts, bearings, rear suspension, chaincase + reverse setup, gears, gauges, plastic, tunnel, wheels, clutches, seat, fuel pickup and pump, smart valves, wiring, oil and fuel lines. All JUNK and I'm not kidding!

You guy thought you had trouble with wheels and slides on the Yamahas haven't seen nothing yet. I never had a sled eat slides as bad as the ProCross! Or blow wheels! 2 sets of slides in 800 miles on good snow. 6 wheels blown, and they were supposed to be the good updated ones!

I hope Yamaha can make them better, but I don't see them fixing their other shortcomings they have that I don't like about the Cat.

Why not post some pics if your procross...the miles on it and what you've fine to it then...how many belts etc

KnappAttack said:
I had a F1100 turbo too. So did a few of my other buddies. We don't have them any longer. All are back on Doo's. I feel sorry for the guys buying Cats. I don't know if they didn't do their homework or if they fail to believe the issues and think they have what it takes to make them better.

Don't know why the die hard Yamaha guys think this Viper is going to be any different. It's made by Cat! The engineers that built it need to be flat out fired! They missed the mark on cloning the Doo so far its crazy. Anyone that's had the Cat knows what I'm speaking of. IMO that chassis is a complete failure. With the exception of the front suspension, that is the only component worth keeping, all other parts on the chassis can be scrapped they are that sub-par.

Brakes, shafts, bearings, rear suspension, chaincase + reverse setup, gears, gauges, plastic, tunnel, wheels, clutches, seat, fuel pickup and pump, smart valves, wiring, oil and fuel lines. All JUNK and I'm not kidding!

You guy thought you had trouble with wheels and slides on the Yamahas haven't seen nothing yet. I never had a sled eat slides as bad as the ProCross! Or blow wheels! 2 sets of slides in 800 miles on good snow. 6 wheels blown, and they were supposed to be the good updated ones!

I hope Yamaha can make them better, but I don't see them fixing their other shortcomings they have that I don't like about the Cat.

Maybe not all in one year. I think all of us are confused as to what the shared technology deal is all about. Is it a stop gap for now........don't know. Yamaha says they are not buying into the company so who knows. All I know is I am not buying one anyways. Unless a money tree suddenly sprouts up in my back yard I am not buying any new sleds for awhile. I'll keep my eye out for a clean used one in the future(probably some sort of Apex/Attak). It will probably be a Yamaha just because I have so much Yamaha stuff built up. Clutch tools, clutch weights, belts, gear.........all that. It's not cheap switching brands all the time.

If I was buying a new sled this year it wouldn't be the Viper until it's proven to me. I don't like first year models to begin with. Now a first year model merged with Cat???????????

I have been riding Yamaha for 40 years, in that time they may have not always been the prettiest or the fastest but they have always got me home.
That being said as an observer of the other three, if I were to change for some reason it would most likely be to Cat. Since their engine redesign for 2003 they have had by far the most reliable 2 smoke out there. As far as the fit and finish and quality out of TRF look down the road to Roseau to real substandard. IMOP if these sleds came off the assmbly line with Yamaha chain case internals and a good servo motor to operate it it would come down to your local Dealer as to your choice of a Yamacat or a Cataha.

jtssrx said:
Bullet69 said:
I know that it was. The guy just kept tearing my post apart, but I do know people that have them.

I keep posting because you don't own one. Period end of story.

Jtssrx,
Why the hell don't you let bullet69 have his own opinion?? After reading this entire thread...it seems that he stated his own opinion and made that clear. If you don't like the fact that he has had good luck with Cats....tough #*$&@!

I will add that the only sled that ever got towed home for me was my Yamaha SRX 600. I have had great luck with all the manufacturers. Including Cat. And my bud bought a 2013 procross 800 that we all pounded the snot out of for 1000 miles this year without any failure of any kind.

Anyway, it seems that you are burned by Cat and want everyone else to hate the world too. Stop trying to impose your will onto everyone else....

ccrider said:
jtssrx said:
Bullet69 said:
I know that it was. The guy just kept tearing my post apart, but I do know people that have them.

Jtssrx,
Why the hell don't you let bullet69 have his own opinion?? After reading this entire thread...it seems that he stated his own opinion and made that clear. If you don't like the fact that he has had good luck with Cats....tough poop!

I will add that the only sled that ever got towed home for me was my Yamaha SRX 600. I have had great luck with all the manufacturers. Including Cat. And my bud bought a 2013 procross 800 that we all pounded the snot out of for 1000 miles this year without any failure of any kind.

Anyway, it seems that you are burned by Cat and want everyone else to hate the world too. Stop trying to impose your will onto everyone else....

He's factually wrong. What I'm posting isn't opinion it's fact. The procross sleds have boat loads of issues. I've posted factual data. Just beucase you guys don't like the truth about the procross doesn't mean I can't post the truth.

jtssrx said:
ccrider said:
jtssrx said:
Bullet69 said:

Jtssrx,
Why the hell don't you let bullet69 have his own opinion?? After reading this entire thread...it seems that he stated his own opinion and made that clear. If you don't like the fact that he has had good luck with Cats....tough poop!

He's factually wrong. What I'm posting isn't opinion it's fact. The procross sleds have boat loads of issues. I've posted factual data. Just beucase you guys don't like the truth about the procross doesn't mean I can't post the truth.

But over and over and over again and over and over and over again....END Of STORY......
You could just go to the cat site and bitch....or have they had it with you to....give it a rest dude

I hadn't posted on this post in three days he addressed me

Let me guess you ordered a viper or would like to order one?

I don't have anything against the viper. It could be a great sled. Time will tell.

jtssrx said:
I hadn't posted on this post in three days he addressed me

Let me guess you ordered a viper or would like to order one?

I don't have anything against the viper. It could be a great sled. Time will tell.

It could be but you've already passed judgement on it :tg:

devinzz1 said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
Ill take Yamaha over the ZR 7000 cuz of fit n finish and Yamaha is known to be reliable.

"fit and finish" there exactly the same but cat has their own clutches (which are new and now have cooling fins so they maybe just as good as the yamaha ones) just pick a color at this point really
the cooling fins where on the clutchs last year still no better.. Yamaha made there own hood,head light(not much diferent but better fit and finish),windsheild(fit and finish)and tweaked the gearbox to be reliable they even helped cat with that at the same time.. viper will be the clear winner for reliability,fit and finish..

jtssrx said:
Yamahnator said:
jtssrx said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
jtssrx said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
Ill take Yamaha over the ZR 7000 cuz of fit n finish and Yamaha is known to be reliable.

You do realize they are same sled except for the clutches and torque link?? They are all assembled at the cat factory in Minnesota
I do,Yamaha says it will be built to their specs not Cats

It's the same sled with blue panels. When they say specs they mean clutch fuel and shock specs.

The clutch is kind of a big thing mang, considering some of AC's problems in that area in the past...

It may very well be but people need to stop saying its going to be different then the ac version quality wise when it's the same sled being built by the same workers at the same factory.

Yamaha made there own hood,head light(not much diferent but better fit and finish),windsheild(fit and finish)tweaked the side panels also tweaked the gearbox to be reliable they even helped cat with that at the same time.and a major difference is the engine there skipper. viper will be the clear winner for reliability,fit and finish..

Back