• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CONFUSED

jtssrx said:
The only reason I posted is I wanted to help guys. Now I'm being attacked for posting thd truth. I'm done wasting my time
I just posted the truth there are changes to fit and finish and reliability.. your whole arguement is pointless

jtssrx said:
The only reason I posted is I wanted to help guys. Now I'm being attacked for posting thd truth. I'm done wasting my time

It took 5 pages before realizing that you were wasting your time. Slow learner.

An item I haven't seen discussed yet is the effect of putting the muffler back under the hood. This will increase underhood temps significantly. The Nitro motor may not be happy and performance could be down. This motor will basically be operating in a wholly different environment. The abrupt U-turn of the header pipe seems like a rushed design/shoehorn job IMO.

Time will tell -

VT_BluYamaha54 said:
An item I haven't seen discussed yet is the effect of putting the muffler back under the hood. This will increase underhood temps significantly. The Nitro motor may not be happy and performance could be down. This motor will basically be operating in a wholly different environment. The abrupt U-turn of the header pipe seems like a rushed design/shoehorn job IMO.

Time will tell -
the new chassis has much more venting for the engine then the nytro has .heat should not be a preoblem ..and the exausht was being developed for a very long time ..they didnt just bend up a pipe and throw it on...

My understanding is that Yamaha also eliminated the heat exchanger in the back of the tunnel. Can someone verify?

Grimm said:
My understanding is that Yamaha also eliminated the heat exchanger in the back of the tunnel. Can someone verify?

My Nytro XTX 1.25 cools fine with the front panel and the radiator and considering the Viper has an even larger radiator I think it will work without any problems. The back end of the sled is lighter by not having an exchanger and all the piping on the rear.

My Nytro had issues with overheating...so had many others. In the end, I had to install the MTX tunnel heat exchanger to alleviate the issue.

Time will tell.

That pipe u-turn wont hurt a thing, generally these short exhaust systems are difficult to tune due to being very short and little space to work with. Tuning for torque is one pipe design and tuning for top rpm HP is another design. This is why Yamaha has designed the EXUP system. In my engine tuning experience, I'm guessing by design this pipe will provide good torque in the low to mid range while flowing fine on top.

More times than not, I see an aftermarket pipe obliterate low end torque while only gaining a slight HP increase. Seldom am I impressed with the performance of an aftermarket pipe.

As far as cooling, I've had to add coolers to every Yamaha I have owned except the old Phazer, Lol. Those warm up riding days that go just above 32 degrees in Mich and dip back below freezing before I make it back to the truck cause overheating. Then those days in Minn when it's just too cold to ride and everything is frozen like a rock, you wouldn't believe they overheat at -40, but they do.

**sj** said:
Why not post some pics if your procross...the miles on it and what you've fine to it then...how many belts etc

OK, I will. 2012 F1100. 904 miles. Zip,zero, no problems. Original belt. Clutch temps are cool after long runs. Never did have a reverse problem. The hand warmers will melt your gloves, and the heated seat on a long rail grade back at night is very sweet. I think the Viper will be a fine sled.

Attachments

• Procross 2.jpg
    Procross 2.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 114

Back