• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Covers for the rear coolant hoses

RED

Lifetime Member
Most of the people I see, road, know, that have a mountain apex throw away the ugly apex fuel rack/tail light assembly that the factory put on. I was looking at the yami website, and found a different Apex Rear Rack, SMA-8FSRR-RACK, that comes with hose covers. I know most people won't the rack at the price they want. But does anybody know the part numbert of the hose covers only.

Attachments

• Pembina Vally 002.jpg
    Pembina Vally 002.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Pembina Vally 007.jpg
    Pembina Vally 007.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Pembina Vally 003.jpg
    Pembina Vally 003.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 77

red, from what i've heard before you have to buy the whole assembly. kind of lame. another alternative is some said they've got steel braided lines that you can get in different colors that might look good and offer better protection then the stock rubber lines.

I called Yamah on that and they will not seperate the kit. You have to buy the entire rack, will not sell covers seperately.

I checked this last season, but ended up with the answer that the old mountain max hose covers will fit. But I have not tried this, since they are heavy on the wallet...

Noob, buddy did do the steel brain over the hose, turn out good. I did try a MM cover on an apex. Dealer had a customer's apex in the shop, and a MM outside. Took one cover off, won't fit. At this moment, steel brain is the best idea so far, other than an aftermarket tunnel.

mm hose covers wont fit untill you pull out a razor knife to help them out. Finished product is a Yamaha fit and finish

Western power sports has the viper style rear hose covers for $62.00. Seen these used on another post to cover them up, looks pretty good.

hardcore2 said:
Been running mine in the open for 2 years now with no problems.

Same here. Also left black mat on tunnel...looks good, works well, costs nothing.

I know lots of people just take the hose covers off, but think it looks like #$%&* . That's why I was hoping you the hose covers could be bought. Will have to look into the MM hose cover alittle more. I see on the 08 apex the rear of the sled looks worse.

Back