• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CR Speaks before launch

Bummer. Not really as excited about this as yamaha is. This by no means is a game changer in the trail or mountain segments. They will keep the die hard yamaha guys with this reveal but probably won't gain to many new comers. This engine sounds awesome but I don't think it's what the majority of the consumers want right now. This should have came out years ago. Maybe throwing a leg over a sled may change my mind but I doubt it.

I know I'm pretty much hooked on 4 strokes now, and I'm just a groomed trail rider. I honestly thought my next sled would be a 4s turbo, and I almost never ride over 90 mph. I just want a turbo for the thrill! So to me the new sled is exciting, but I can't justify spending even $12k for a new ride. Not when I only rode 900 miles this year. So it is my dream ride, and if they hold up maybe I can pick up a used model in a few years or so for $6k.

Bummer. Not really as excited about this as yamaha is. This by no means is a game changer in the trail or mountain segments. They will keep the die hard yamaha guys with this reveal but probably won't gain to many new comers. This engine sounds awesome but I don't think it's what the majority of the consumers want right now. This should have came out years ago. Maybe throwing a leg over a sled may change my mind but I doubt it.

It's not anything that would make me put down money at this point either. Nice motor, I love any new tech. I just know it will be significantly heavier than my RMK, and not as fun for me to ride in the mountains. Maybe some day when I can afford two sleds, a sidewinder crossover would be sweet for riding the flatlands around home.

Its a cool sled. It wont make too much of a difference on yamahas sales and market share tho I dont think.

The price is high, but when you consider you are getting a low compression, forged internal motor with knock protection and warranty, its all worth it. I couldnt find the size of the turbo anywhere, but assuming its the same size as the current cat 1100 turbo, 260 ish hp should be no problem, reliable on the trails with just a flash. No TCL and shitty clutches/gears/jackshaft to worry about like the turbo cats.

Sign me up for a 2018, I dont wanna be a guinea pig. lol

Back