• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve ski install

The tall side of rubber goes to the back of ski.

Jack the front of sled up.
Hold ski under spindle and put a hunk of 4x4 under the outside edge below the mounting location making sure to not put it under the carbide.
Lay on the ground with bolt in hand. SLOWLY lower sled onto ski till almost lined up. Wiggle the ski around till you feel you are close to the correct spot. Lower the sled a LITTLE more and stick the bolt part way through ski/spindle.
Jack the front up again and put the 4x4 on the inside.
Slowly lower till the hole is close.
Pound bolt through with rubber mallet.

It is best to have 2 people to put the skis on, though it can be done with just one. Took me about 10 - 15 min. The only help I had was someone to slowly lower the sled.

The tall side of rubber goes to the back of ski.

Jack the front of sled up.
Hold ski under spindle and put a hunk of 4x4 under the outside edge below the mounting location making sure to not put it under the carbide.
Lay on the ground with bolt in hand. SLOWLY lower sled onto ski till almost lined up. Wiggle the ski around till you feel you are close to the correct spot. Lower the sled a LITTLE more and stick the bolt part way through ski/spindle.
Jack the front up again and put the 4x4 on the inside.
Slowly lower till the hole is close.
Pound bolt through with rubber mallet.

It is best to have 2 people to put the skis on, though it can be done with just one. Took me about 10 - 15 min. The only help I had was someone to slowly lower the sled.

Sounds much like what I tried. Used a 4x4 on outside edge trying to get atleast one side of the hole to line up.
Best that I could do is about 1/8 - 1/4 hole on outside edge which causes the other side almost out.

I shall try again, but this time a second set of hands and shall try warming the rubber a bit. Yes tall side of rubber toward back of ski! If it still doesn't work I shall send a pic of the rubber and mounting kit part# to curve to make sure.

Motorhead, I think once you ride sled with stock rubbers you'll be fine. I love mine so far.

I never even thought to check the alignment since I put my Curves on with 0 miles on the sled. How much did you have to adjust?
How did your sled handle with no toe out? The reason I ask is I have been thinking of trying it. They also say we only need their single carbide and I have found that not to be the case.

Motorhead, I think once you ride sled with stock rubbers you'll be fine. I love mine so far.
Nice to hear and I may try that later on today if my warm water trick does not ease the rubber install.
Gonna try 1 more time even though the curves are on with stock rubbers. It's still in heated garage so won't take much time to try 1 side again, but yes thanks it is really good to know stock rubbers work fine

Did you install SJ Doolys for anti darting?

I put skis almost on edge to get bolt in on one side .......from outside in. Then put jack on inside edge to crank ski back straight...used a drift to pry hole in alignment and knocked bolt thru. I was a beech.

All,
I have thestock STX-DX 1.6" cobra track all stock. After 830 mi I am happy with this sled. It does have a slight push and heavy steering but tolerable. I have cranked up the front track shock and loosen the ski springs as much as I feel comfortable with. I was considering loosening the limiter straps but have held off because I am studding this week with 192.
I am seriously considering getting a set of Curves ski's with Slim Jims based on what people are posting. Will this help? what par#? Has anyone tried the Woody ACE? Other carbides that might be better? The season is short and I don't have a lot of time for tweaking and I am hoping to get this thing to rail while having minimal steering effort and zero dart. !
Thanks

Nice to hear and I may try that later on today if my warm water trick does not ease the rubber install.
Gonna try 1 more time even though the curves are on with stock rubbers. It's still in heated garage so won't take much time to try 1 side again, but yes thanks it is really good to know stock rubbers work fine

Did you install SJ Doolys for anti darting?
I have 6 inch curve carbide on mine. So far, love them. No push, easy and light steering. Buddy of mine has apex with power steering and loved it too if that tells you anything.

Thanks a bunch for your inspirationeallye, put the rubbers in hot water and let them soak and did as you said just one side of ski at a time!
Really tough time but yeah got it! Those rubbers are too thick and do not conform to bottom shape of spindle at all. Ends up pushing the center of rubber down about 1/4" .

Can't believe that plastic can take that pressure, almost enough to bend the bolt a bit!

Warm water, one side of ski at a time, some punches, hammer, straps and finally turn it through without thread damage... wow wow wow

Reactions: AXR

Back