• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve xs with LE or split rails ?

drag123

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
08 fx nytro
You guys that have them which ones do you preffer for better cornering?

if cost is not a factor split rails are the way to go. i cant bring myself to pay that much tho

raginyamaha said:
if cost is not a factor split rails are the way to go. i cant bring myself to pay that much tho
How do you like the curves? Did it make a big change in handling and cornering?

The curves are great. I had C+A for a bit but the curves are just a better ski for all around conditions. Makes handling much more predictable....

you can't go wrong with the curves, they give great handling and floatation. Customer service is also second to none! they are a great company

Split rails hands down are the best for handling, no darting better control through twisties. they force the others guys to have to keep up because your confidence is incredible with them on.

Split Rails are def. a great ski! I actually just sold my sled with the split rails on them and picked up a XTX (in my avatar). Before I buy another set of them I'm going to be checking on the JRE trail king set up thats posted in another thread. If I go that route I am more than likely going to be going the Curve w/LE route as well. If not I will def. be going back with the Split Rails. Eliminates darting, bites hard in corners, and steering effort is much easier. I must say though I am not sure they would work well in powder, someone else may be able to answer that better than me.

I had c&a xtx ski's before the curves and I think the c&a's did provide the best bite, BUT the curves are much more predicable and provide almost as much bite while not tiring you out nearly as much.

LM7800 said:
you can't go wrong with the curves, they give great handling and floatation. Customer service is also second to none! they are a great company

while I cannot comment on the performance of the Curves on my sled yet (where the #**^% is the snow?), I can comment on the last part of this post. The customer service Curve provides is second to none. Absolute top notch before, during, and well after the sale. If both skis performed equally as well, I'd take the Curves every single time just based on how great the customer service is. Hell, even if the splits were a slightly better ski I'd prolly still pick the curves to know that if there was ever a problem, I would be taken care of.

Split Rails - Great

I now have over 1,000 miles on my Split Rails (ran pilots prior) - no comparison - Split Rails are by far the best all around trail ski for the Nytro, in fact, intensely better than stock or pilots.

Expensive, yes, but worth every penny.

DigitalFusion said:
LM7800 said:

while I cannot comment on the performance of the Curves on my sled yet (where the #**^% is the snow?), I can comment on the last part of this post. The customer service Curve provides is second to none. Absolute top notch before, during, and well after the sale. If both skis performed equally as well, I'd take the Curves every single time just based on how great the customer service is. Hell, even if the splits were a slightly better ski I'd prolly still pick the curves to know that if there was ever a problem, I would be taken care of.

I totally agree with you on Curves Customer service! They were very fast on getting back to all my question and concerns on this forum. But, I think that split rail will be just as good when it comes to customer service. I am also very interested in the split as they seem to be the best ski for trail. Rob from split went as far as calling me at work to answer all my questions. All of my e-mails were answer on the same day. I just hope that the will develop a wider split ski. I am afraid that it will like the stokers in the powder.

By the way, if some one wants some new C&A XTX, mine are for sell!

Split Rails Customer service is Great as well... The ski's for the trail are truly great. As far as riding in powder or deeper snow i think there is a better ski out there for that but if your looking for trail ski i would spend the money on them again!!

If your concern is darting, you can fix that with a variety of different skis without spending a fortune on split rail ski. IMO they are still unproven and way over priced, go with the curve ski.

krysFly said:
If your concern is darting, you can fix that with a variety of different skis without spending a fortune on split rail ski. IMO they are still unproven and way over priced, go with the curve ski.
Well i made up my mind and ordered the Curve xs. After talking to split rail and the total with tax comes in at $1128.00 i figure i can get 2 sets of Curve skis.Thanks for everyone's input.

Back