• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve xs with LE or split rails ?

drag123 said:
krysFly said:
If your concern is darting, you can fix that with a variety of different skis without spending a fortune on split rail ski. IMO they are still unproven and way over priced, go with the curve ski.
Well i made up my mind and ordered the Curve xs. After talking to split rail and the total with tax comes in at $1128.00 i figure i can get 2 sets of Curve skis.Thanks for everyone's input.

+1

krysFly said:
If your concern is darting, you can fix that with a variety of different skis without spending a fortune on split rail ski. IMO they are still unproven and way over priced, go with the curve ski.

Have you tried the the split rail skis?

how can you say they are unproven?

The price includes 4 sets of carbides. The original spindles can be sold to guys who have broken theirs which then greatly offsets the price.

i won't knock the curve skis because i havenot tried them.

I agree w/yamatario... Unless you have ridden w/the split rails im not sure you can say or know if they are unproven? I have rode w/them for around a thousand miles this yr., and they have proven to me that they are a great ski. I will say they are quite expensive but w/everyone saying there spindles are breaking it might not be a bad plunge to take imo as the split rails spindles seem to be much stronger than the stock ones. That being said I am sure you can not go wrong w/either ski.

They are unproven. Its a fact, simply because of time issue. They are new to the market and nobody knows what can happen in long range usage.
Many things can happen that we are simply not aware of today.
My second point was that its is not necessary to spend so much money on skis to accomplish certain handling characteristics. I went with arrow ski, 4 times cheaper, and I have absolutely no darting, zero. That's all, if somebody loves their srs, that's great for you. No hate here, just not for me.
I rather spend the money on other mods, or maybe just blow and hookers. :Rockon:

krysFly said:
They are unproven. Its a fact, simply because of time issue. They are new to the market and nobody knows what can happen in long range usage. Many things can happen that we are simply not aware of today.
My second point was that its is not necessary to spend so much money on skis to accomplish certain handling characteristics. I went with arrow ski, 4 times cheaper, and I have absolutely no darting, zero. That's all, if somebody loves their srs, that's great for you. No hate here, just not for me.
I rather spend the money on other mods, or maybe just blow and hookers. :Rockon:

I understand the expense part of the Split Rails...but keep in mind you get a complete spindle with the kit..it's not just skis.

On the bold however...you couldn't be farther out in left field. Split Rails are in their second season of production and were tested for 3 years prior to coming to market. Rob Wrightman did his homework before releasing these to the public...I can tell you first hand they flat out work.

who cares if you get a spindle, the stock ones work fine. I'm sure the split rails work great but they have priced themselves out of the market. curves work great and a lot less

There's no ski that is going to dramatically improve the Nytro's handling issues. There are several other contributing factors that makes the Nytro what it is. However, out of the skis I've tried I think the Curves fit the Nytro's handling characteristics the best and allows for consistent, predictable performance with very little darting. For aggressive trail riding I'm not sure if it's possible to get anything more out of any ski setup without making major chassis changes. I don't believe the split rails will make the Nytro handle any better than some of the cheaper options out there but if they do, I doubt it's enough of a difference to justify their cost.

grizztracks said:
There's no ski that is going to dramatically improve the Nytro's handling issues. There are several other contributing factors that makes the Nytro what it is. However, out of the skis I've tried I think the Curves fit the Nytro's handling characteristics the best and allows for consistent, predictable performance with very little darting. For aggressive trail riding I'm not sure if it's possible to get anything more out of any ski setup without making major chassis changes. I don't believe the split rails will make the Nytro handle any better than some of the cheaper options out there but if they do, I doubt it's enough of a difference to justify their cost.

exactamundo

Are they more durable than other brand? If you ride trails you are inevitably going to hit rocks and things. How well do they hold up?
My stock skis aren't in great shape, one has chunk of plastic missing from the inside edge from hitting a rock and the other lost the center of the carbide shortly after I got it and it wore down the keel a bit. But for now they work good with a set of 8" slimjims for now. Maybe new skis next year.
I can't see spending that kind of money on skis. For that price I would rather buy a set of skis and a new track. But, if you like them and can justify the cost then good for you.

"There's no ski that is going to dramatically improve the Nytro's handling issues."

Having used them for over 1300 miles now, and in many conditions including powder, I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. (for the record I also used the stock skis for 2,000 miles, and Pilots 6.9's for 4,00 miles).

I was kidding with my group prior to getting the Split Rails that I'll be a better rider now..but guess what...I'm a better rider now!

I have total control on the turns, no pushing whatsoever, no darting whatsoever - none - nada! In fact I could probably hit my corners faster, but I don't have the guts to do it - meaning the sled is not limiting my cornering speed, I am, as compared to the previous skis with which the sleds handling limited the speed I could corner at.

My 1300 with the split rails has been 95% trail, some icy, some scratchy, some boney, some perfectly coated. many conditions, and same results.

I think the purpose of these forums is to share ideas about was does work for people, and in what conditions, and for how much. For what its worth, I've used stock, pilots, and split rail skis, and there is absolutely no substitute for the split rails on my sled (Nytro XTX). It would be dangerous for me to go back to anything else now!

Everyone needs to make their own choices about what to do and tweak on their sleds. But if you are looking to dramatically improve the front end handling of the Nytro in trail conditions, the split rails skis will do the trick.

I have also banged them up pretty good as much of our snow cover is light. I check them (and the entire sled) in a heated garage after every big ride, and so far they show normal wear and tear. My Pilots however, are another story. I was shocked at how beat up they were after 4,000 miles - gouges, tears, splinters, wow!

Back