• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curves vs Mohawks

Has anyone tried the SnoStuds brand of carbides? I was thinking about trying them when I replace my carbides on my Curves. They seem to be a good price. Either them or I will be calling Bergstrom. Anyone know what the ones are that come with the Curve Leader kit?

6" SnowStuds MAGNUM Carbide Runners skags CURVE XS $55 +14.90 s/h
or Dual runners
4" Snowstuds DOUBLE DOWN Carbide Dual Runners Curve XS $103 +15.55 s/h

11wfwva.jpg

28ince0.jpg

*Also for those of you looking to buy the Curve Package that comes with the black skis, loops and carbides, make sure you are looking at part #: XS1001 and not XS1000. The ones without the 1 at then end only come with 2" carbides. So: XS1001 = 4" and XS1000 = 2"

The 6" SnowStuds Magnums are the Roundbars I am using. Love them on my Curves. They are part #8906.

Reactions: AXR
The 6" SnowStuds Magnums are the Roundbars I am using. Love them on my Curves. They are part #8906.
Thanks! I'm thinking for that price if they last a year then a new set of those yearly might be a better idea then 1 set of Bergstrom's every 2 years. New sharp edge each year. I wonder if the double downs have a lot of push like some other dual bar carbides. If they don't I would think they would combat any darting. So many choices.... I just need some snow lol.

Thanks! I'm thinking for that price if they last a year then a new set of those yearly might be a better idea then 1 set of Bergstrom's every 2 years. New sharp edge each year. I wonder if the double downs have a lot of push like some other dual bar carbides. If they don't I would think they would combat any darting. So many choices.... I just need some snow lol.

Can't you test them all out and report back to us, to make it easier for the rest of us ;) :D

Birkebeiner

We can fix you up for $300 U.S. for an all black set with 4" runners. No mounting kit needed as we provide instructions on how to mount with stock hardware.
I believe Curves shares the same carbide bolt pattern with C&A's? Have you ever tried to bolt up Snowtrackers on the Curves? I heard they have ST's for C&A's now...that would be an interesting combo.

all you guys that have the mohawks with bergstrom 8" and love them..... what hole do you have cradle mounted on, the front or rear hole??

That's where I have them at the moment and steering seems like it's hard to steer. Like I'm fighting it. Was gonna try the front hole? Anyone else have a consensus

I received my new curves Tuesday and installed them yesterday! Super easy install with stock hardware and a couple extra washers. Huge difference in width.
IMG_20160112_183038.jpg

How do you like the Fox QS3 shocks?

Birkebeiner
So far so good! The valving is pretty good on the soft setting, fast rebound but not to fast as to kick you off. I'm 265lbs and pretty aggressive rider, I can't imagine the hardest setting ever being used by me. I need more time on it to feel it out and try the different setting in some rough stuff. I just removed my transfer blocks so we'll see if it lifts the skis better now.

Back