• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curves vs Mohawks

Can you explain how you used stock hardware for mounting? I was going to order a set today minus the mounting kit.
I punched the bushings out of the stock tuners and drilled the curves out to accept the bushings then assembled same as stock with extra washers to fill the gaps. I used two 1/8" s.s. Washers and one stock washer to fill the spaces but 3 1/16" washers and the two stock should do the job.

Anyone running the ski savers on the curves? I have a whole sheet of hdpe plastic, not quite as hard as the umhw but it's free.

That's where I have them at the moment and steering seems like it's hard to steer. Like I'm fighting it. Was gonna try the front hole? Anyone else have a consensus

Any SLP skis should steer easier in the front holes, though with my suspension setup, I don't find it hard at all in the rear holes. Give the center shock a turn or so tighter if it seems hard with either hole and maybe try a little less front shock preload if you have a bunch in there now. The Mohawks do not turn hard by nature compared to many aftermarket skis.

Can you explain how you used stock hardware for mounting? I was going to order a set today minus the mounting kit.

We have them for $300 a set and provide hardware and instructions how to mount with stock bolt and ski rubber.

I believe Curves shares the same carbide bolt pattern with C&A's? Have you ever tried to bolt up Snowtrackers on the Curves? I heard they have ST's for C&A's now...that would be an interesting combo.

Curve does use same bolt pattern as c/a.

Snow trackers are available for c/a. I intend to test some this winter on my curves

I love my mohawk skis as well, but I am also experiencing a harder steering problem which I feel is preventable though I haven't figured out how yet. I'm running 6" round bars, and I was led to believe that to lighten up ski pressure you could soften up the center shock and/or soften up the front shocks. What else can I do besides try shorter carbides?

I purchased a set of Curve skis to try on my AC. After trying them for the weekend in Quebec I opted to return them for their 100% money back guarantee. They are simply way too hard to turn even with everything properly adjusted and only 4" runners. I just happened to find this thread searching around ways to lighten the steering but its not possible even with maxing out the center shock, rear blocks on #1 and front springs barley in the retainers.

That's Tobad! I tried mine for the first time this past weekend and loved them! Very precise cornering and didn't really notice more effort turning. But I am going to tighten up th center spring for more transfer.

I really hope these curves don't steer heavy, I have a set for my 15 ltx se but I haven't gotten the chance to try them yet. You guys with curves are you running your limiter straps loose? I had my shocks revalved last year, but tightened the limiter straps up a hole to get some more ski pressure with the tuners.

An update on my Mohawks after another 300 miles, and a variety of conditions, this weekend. Under some conditions, frozen trails first thing in the morning, I did have some darting, but as the snow loosened up, the darting lessened. Also, I have the 8" Bergrstrom triple points, and it seemed that rather than my front end pushing in the corners, when I got on the throttle my rear end would break loose while the skis were still tracking the line. It was a totally different feel from my old Tuners, that's for sure.

100 mile update on Mohawks with 6" round bar on my ltx with 1.6 cobra. The first 50 miles was just around my feild with powder then it froze a couple days later. I had horrible darting on my frozen feild so I adjusted my toe out 1/4" help some but I still didn't like it. The last 50 miles I was able to get out on some trails and I installed some 3/8th" shims and completely took care of my darting. I am having some hard steering but the skis are so predictable and on rails I really don't care. The steering hardness is less than my sock 2014 skis with 8" berstorm triples, shims, and ski savers. So fare I am really happy with them and I'm glad I went with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 mile update on Mohawks with 6" round bar on my ltx with 1.6 cobra. The first 50 miles was just around my feild with powder then it froze a couple days later. I had horrible darting on my frozen feild so I adjusted my toe out 1/4" help some but I still didn't like it. The last 50 miles I was able to get out on some trails and I installed some 3/8th" shims and completely took care of my darting. I am having some hard steering but the skis are so predictable and on rails I really don't care. The steering hardness is less than my sock 2014 skis with 8" berstorm triples, shims, and ski savers. So fare I am really happy with them and I'm glad I went with them!

Where are those shims installed? Any pictures?

Birkebeiner

Where are those shims installed? Any pictures?

Birkebeiner
There called Bergstorm ski shims. They go on the bottom rear of the ski rubber. The shim lifts up the front of the ski so the carbide can come out of a rut and not stay in it. Look up Bergstorm carbides he has a good write up on his website and he sells the shims for free to i think. Sorry I don't have any pictures

Back