• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cutting out while hillclimbing

1FunRX1

Veteran
Hey guys, whats going on? I have a silver mountain and every time I would go to climb a fairly steep hill or hit a small bump in the snow on the way up the hill my machine would cut out until I leveled back off them it would spool back up and take off. It seemed like a fuel problem but not sure, just wondering if anybody else had a similar problem and what might fix the problem. Thanks for your help and time in advance.

Don't have a mtn-RX-1 but heard that Yamaha addressed this and that there was float bowl fix that would resolve this issue. I'm sure other mtn owners will give more info or you can check with your dealer.

Yeah RobX is right...there was a float bowl update for the carbs...apparantly corrects this problem. Spray would know all the details..?

I had the same problem with mine, My dealer installed the new float bowls, and I also had a vapor loc problem so they installed a shutoff valve in the carb heat lines, here in washington it doesn't get very cold, if you stopped for a minute fired it up it would travel about 20 ft and die, it seems to have fixed it. I had a couple really scary down hills with a dead motor :shock:

have a blk mtn rx1 and thats it. it is the bowls and they do have a free update but u have to ask your dealer.they seem to only be doing it if you have a problem with it and i beleive the jetting changes too

Back