• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

D&D tune with stock muffler mod

Sorry to be what seems to be beating a dead horse here but does anyone know if the D&D tunes were written by Hurricane Performance or someone else? I am trying to contact Hurricane to inquire but dont know if they will tell me or not. Want to be safe with tune and not blow up like someone else on here has already done.

They use precision efi tunes

Pretty sure the PEFI tunes started about 1 year ago.

Pretty sure the PEFI tunes started about 1 year ago.
So that puts me out of Precision Tune. Wonder why they changed up and why they basically subcontract out their tunes instead of making their own? I guess since Dan and Dale sold out, things are changing. Too bad cause both great guys.

Maybe they do now but heard the early tunes, which I bought in Dec. 2017, are Hurricane. I am asking because I have no deto protection or dash board options.
I cant answer who exactly wrote the original tunes but I had conversations with Dale at D&D which led me to believe they had a big hand in customized their own tunes. Using the D&D Gap flasher with the latest firmware update will enable knock protection. It also puts the tunes into a jukebox if your running the bundle.

I have ran the crap out of my sidewinder on the 272 setting since it was brand new with zero issues. They designed the tunes to use the stock BOV knowing there would be boost bleed past 15-16psi. If you use a turbo-smart bov on the 272 tune it will build more boost and be borderline safe on pump gas. I feel that TD, PEFI, and Hurricane are much more refined at this point but I have no problems running the D&D tune.

Back