• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dam rocks/stumps

Groomer08

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
So yesterday i was riding my supercharged nytro. 3rd ride after a track swap.
Noticed the chaincase was starting to howl, been in the mtns running powder all day.
So i baby it towards home, noise isnt getting any better.
So i think eh, new track, big power, maybe chain needs to be tightened. Run adjuster in almost a 1/8" by hand, back off a half turn. Get gas, leaving the station, track locks up luckily at 5mph.
Get it home, check chaincase dispstick for metal, no filings but only a drop of oil on bottom of stick.
Look in there its bone dry.
Noticed bolt for drain is crooked, hit something with the belly pan, and the bolt tore a hole thru the plastic, and cracked the chain case.

Now im really wondering whats broke in there to lock it up.

Probably locked up a bearing. I had to replace my case a couple of years ago after a rock rolled up and cracked it. $150 for a new cover.

chaincasecrack.jpg

So yesterday i was riding my supercharged nytro. 3rd ride after a track swap.
Noticed the chaincase was starting to howl, been in the mtns running powder all day.
So i baby it towards home, noise isnt getting any better.
So i think eh, new track, big power, maybe chain needs to be tightened. Run adjuster in almost a 1/8" by hand, back off a half turn. Get gas, leaving the station, track locks up luckily at 5mph.
Get it home, check chaincase dispstick for metal, no filings but only a drop of oil on bottom of stick.
Look in there its bone dry.
Noticed bolt for drain is crooked, hit something with the belly pan, and the bolt tore a hole thru the plastic, and cracked the chain case.

Now im really wondering whats broke in there to lock it up.

the chain gets so hot and will seize up,you were probably ok while moving but when stopped and cooled down a bit then it seized up , good luck , could be chain , gears and bearing

Back