• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dasa Racing Billet Water Pump Impeller Installed

twyztid

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE - TD Power Trail, CAI, 3" Super Quiet
2012 RS Vector
2006 Apex GT
After reading about water pump impeller failures and it happening to my brother-in-law's ZR9000, I decided that I wanted to install the Dasa Racing Billet Water pump impeller so that a failed impeller doesn't potentially ruin a trip... or the engine. My 17 LTX SE only has about 850 miles on it (500 tuned) I still wanted to get this done. With some tips from the guys at Thunder Products, I was able to get it installed with minimal coolant loss (maybe a little over a quart).
1204211808~01.jpg
1204211808a~01.jpg
1204211818~01.jpg
1204211818a~01.jpg
1204211837~01.jpg

Link on the impeller? Any tips or thoughts on install. Great post. Not many posting this upgrade mod. Thanks.

Speedsxs kit

REDLINE1 posted the link above to the Dasa Racing impeller that I used. If you tip the sled like I have shown in my pic, you don't loose much coolant.

UGH....Just finished up gear, brgs, axle saver....And now this?!?!
I'm hoping stock winders don't suffer much this this new debacle.

hello twyztid very interesting
need additional information can you list the other parts that you need to change to make this modification of the water pump .gasket and other parts have you taken the original parts to the water pump, seal bearing spring gear snap ring Is it easy to remove the internal parts of this water pump without breaking anything to change only the impeller provided by dasa racing thank you for more information

hello twyztid very interesting
need additional information can you list the other parts that you need to change to make this modification of the water pump .gasket and other parts have you taken the original parts to the water pump, seal bearing spring gear snap ring Is it easy to remove the internal parts of this water pump without breaking anything to change only the impeller provided by dasa racing thank you for more information
I don't have the part numbers handy. My sled only has 850 miles so I didn't pull the shaft oil seal or the bearing within the housing so that the inner part of the water pump seal could be replaced.

These are the parts that are needed if you have more miles on your sled and you should be able to find the on the parts diagram

3 - O-ring seals (1 for impeller cover to housing & 2 for housing to motor)
1 - water pump seal
1 - oil seal for impeller shaft

I like billet parts...haha
putting this on list for next summer!!
Thanks for sharing and the detail...

After reading about water pump impeller failures and it happening to my brother-in-law's ZR9000, I decided that I wanted to install the Dasa Racing Billet Water pump impeller so that a failed impeller doesn't potentially ruin a trip... or the engine. My 17 LTX SE only has about 850 miles on it (500 tuned) I still wanted to get this done. With some tips from the guys at Thunder Products, I was able to get it installed with minimal coolant loss (maybe a little over a quart).View attachment 164050View attachment 164051View attachment 164052View attachment 164053View attachment 164054
Twyztid, how is this working?

Twyztid, how is this working?
It is working well. My brother-in-law ended up having another OEM impeller fail (2nd one in 3000 miles) so he has also installed the Dasa Racing billet impeller.

Would love to have a write up on the install procedures and tips you learned....of course when you have free time. Certainly would help a lot on here. Thank you. Looks great!

After reading about water pump impeller failures and it happening to my brother-in-law's ZR9000, I decided that I wanted to install the Dasa Racing Billet Water pump impeller so that a failed impeller doesn't potentially ruin a trip... or the engine. My 17 LTX SE only has about 850 miles on it (500 tuned) I still wanted to get this done. With some tips from the guys at Thunder Products, I was able to get it installed with minimal coolant loss (maybe a little over a quart).View attachment 164050View attachment 164051View attachment 164052View attachment 164053View attachment 164054
Did the pump just unbolt or do you need to get tdc on #3 like some suggest ? Did you make a video of removal by chance ?

Did the pump just unbolt or do you need to get tdc on #3 like some suggest ? Did you make a video of removal by chance ?
Mine just slid out once I unbolted it. I have read that if it won't just slide out, you may need to rotate the engine to get the balancer out of the way. I lucked out and didn't need to do that. I didn't make a video. Sorry.

Back