• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did a roll today with my sled.

Sasquatch

Lifetime Member
Website
www.dptc.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha's
Tried to climb a snowbank on an angle following someone elses tracks. Got to the top and realized the other guy didn't make it over either. Trail was 15 ft or so further down the bank. Hesitated and lost momentum. Then gravity took over. 270 degrees later, a leap tuck and roll (by your truely that would have got applause and a 9.4 average by the judges) it all came to a stop on its right side with me laying against the opposite bank praying the damn sled didn't land on top of me.

Getting it upright was not easy, damn near crapped my pants. Bars moved down a little, GPS and mount survived but was folded down as well. Started after cranking a while slowing sputtering to life. Small cloud of smoke and all was well again.

All told I ordered a new dash and one side plate. Total cost after tax's will be close to 300 bucks. The mirror kit or rather the cross brace is what saved it from worse damage I think. It also broke the pin in the mirror that allows the mirror to fold. I replaced it with a bolt. Mirror was undamaged and still folds fine. You can just see the mirror brace in the top right of the damaged area.

I was on a OFSC trail it just wasn't groomed. The snowbank was on a bush road that crossed the trail on an angle. It was about 4 foot high. First sled I rolled in 25 years or so. LOL

Attachments

• P3150016.jpg
    P3150016.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 138

lol i liked your roll comment, to bad about the sled though :(

just glad your all right

I stopped replacing those parts. :drink: They break so easy. LaLaLa "Sacrificial" I guess. Seems like everything else is pretty robust. :moon:

Glad to hear you're okay ;)!

Kmer always has duct tape.

Glad to hear you didn't get caught underneath, or worse.

;)!

I feel your pain. That dash looks alot like my sled's. Glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

My 03 rx1 did a 360 roll on Sunday after the back end slid out on an icy trail. An awfull feeling when you know there is no way to get the back end staight. All I could do was scurry out of the way and watch as dash parts were flying everywhere. I expected the cowling to be smashed. The left mirror took most of the impact before snapping. Bars are slightly bent. Paint scuff on hood. When it landed, the engine was idling fine. I expected the oil light to be on, but it was off for a change (I run with oil level near the E). Forutnately, I was going < 30kmph. My brother-in-law gave the roll a 9.8. Deducted 0.2 for damage.

I'll be upgrading to a ripsaw this summer. Studs are going on it for sure.

Sasquatch said:
Tried to climb a snowbank on an angle following someone elses tracks. Got to the top and realized the other guy didn't make it over either. Trail was 15 ft or so further down the bank. Hesitated and lost momentum. Then gravity took over. 270 degrees later, a leap tuck and roll (by your truely that would have got applause and a 9.4 average by the judges) it all came to a stop on its right side with me laying against the opposite bank praying the damn sled didn't land on top of me.

Sasquatch, good thing you didn't land on top of the sled, lol!!!!! Glad to hear your fine, I jumped a plow bank last year and landed on a fire pit, (in a private campground) around 300 bucks to fix too, that sucks. The good thing is I could still drive it home and didn't get hurt. Take care.

I have broken enuff of the dash pieces I now keep a spare in the garage so I don't have to wait for it to show up... Or maybe I should quit seeing what I can climb with it... NOT!

heh. i was on a hillclimb last week and mine rolled twice when i was turning at the top. broke that exact same piece. no biggie ill get it fixed this summer

kmer said:
I stopped replacing those parts. :drink: They break so easy. LaLaLa "Sacrificial" I guess. Seems like everything else is pretty robust. :moon:

Glad to hear you're okay ;)!

Ya as I righted and looked at my sled I thought now with a little duct tape Kmer would give me the ;)! LOL

Red Green is my hero!

Back