• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you see a performance increase with MBRP Trail Can?

Based on my clutching I think the can made more power.

I added almost 2g of more weight to my weights and added more helix to lower the engine rpms.
Engine spins 9000 rpms.

MBRP definitely makes power

I know the question about packing in the MBRP has come up many times.....Nobody has had one opened up till now with the metal breaking. Not trying to be an #*$&@ or anything and know you guys aren't happy with the MBRP coming apart, but with the amount of miles you guys have, how does the packing look?

Reactions: 1tp

View attachment 104870 View attachment 104871 View attachment 104872 My can fell apart on me over the weekend. was cruising down the grade in Iron River MI going 55-60 and the bottom pipe fell out. Cracked all the way around right next to the weld. I found out what a straight piped Viper sounds like! WAH!!.. so I got home today and checked my buddies MBRP trail can. He has an Arctic Cat XF 7000 (same as Viper). His was also cracked half way around the bottom pipe. At least his didn't fall out to. This cant be a coincidence that 2 of them have the same exact issue. I would suggest that everyone that has one checks it out before they have the same issue as me. I will be calling MBRP Monday morning to see what they have to say about it.

Can looks bent, how does the tip look? By that I mean does the tip look like it hit anything?

View attachment 104870 View attachment 104871 View attachment 104872 My can fell apart on me over the weekend. was cruising down the grade in Iron River MI going 55-60 and the bottom pipe fell out. Cracked all the way around right next to the weld. I found out what a straight piped Viper sounds like! WAH!!.. so I got home today and checked my buddies MBRP trail can. He has an Arctic Cat XF 7000 (same as Viper). His was also cracked half way around the bottom pipe. At least his didn't fall out to. This cant be a coincidence that 2 of them have the same exact issue. I would suggest that everyone that has one checks it out before they have the same issue as me. I will be calling MBRP Monday morning to see what they have to say about it.

My buddies and I had all 3 of our MBRP cans break yesterday within 50 miles of one another. 2 of them had the pipe fall completely out and 1 was cracked half way around. All 3 sled have between 425 and 500 miles on the cans. We called MBRP this morning and the problem is resolved, they are sending out 3 new cans today. GREAT customer service!! Thank you MBRP!!

I have 5000 on my sled but only like 900 on the can.

How many miles does your friend that also has a cracked can have on it?

I've always said these were a "budget" muffler but that's completely ridiculous at 900 miles. I took a look at mine. It looks ok. With only 225 miles, it better! Appreciate you posting this to let others know to keep an eye out. ;)!

My buddies and I had all 3 of our MBRP cans break yesterday within 50 miles of one another. 2 of them had the pipe fall completely out and 1 was cracked half way around. All 3 sled have between 425 and 500 miles on the cans. We called MBRP this morning and the problem is resolved, they are sending out 3 new cans today. GREAT customer service!! Thank you MBRP!!

#$%&*#$%&* I guess this is not just a case of a couple bad ones making it out there. Do you guys have the polished newer cans or the earlier version with the coating on the top and bottom?

What was MBRP's response besides obviously replacing them? Did they claim a bad batch?

We had the earlier version. New ones will be stainless. They said that we never should have gotten the cans that we did, which I took as a bad batch. New units also have gussets on the pipe which should eliminate this from happening again.

Last edited:
How many miles does your friend that also has a cracked can have on it?

I've always said these were a "budget" muffler but that's completely ridiculous at 900 miles. I took a look at mine. It looks ok. With only 225 miles, it better! Appreciate you posting this to let others know to keep an eye out. ;)!
he has about 4500 on his with about 1200 on his can

If you get a chance, post a pic of that "guesset" when you get the new muffler. I've got the older version with the painted ends. I'm wondering if it is going to meet the same fate as yours. :cool:

If you get a chance, post a pic of that "guesset" when you get the new muffler. I've got the older version with the painted ends. I'm wondering if it is going to meet the same fate as yours. :cool:

Will do.

Crazy pics. I have a buddy with a 7000 Cat with about 3500km's and it did almost the same thing. In Cochrane this December the bottom of the exhaust rotted out and melted the side cowl, the heat also slowly melted the oil line causing oil to spray everywhere. The day it happened was -30 so he said it was tough to notice excess heat along that side of the sled. They just made it back to the trailer, Could have been way worse if it bled out all the oil.
Question - did it give you much warning before it failed completely?
MS

Back