• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Difference between SW and Thundercat

Oh did I mention my winder is faster than the Tcat.
Oh no he didn't. Haha. Yes in a straight line he's faster. On the trail the groomer is faster than him. Lol.
I had more icing on the intercooler than the two winders I ride with. By far. Our headlights are very equal. The Qs3r's are better than the qs3's. The jury is still out on the clutches. Mine is auto adjust but may ride too high on the sheave. One thing for sure is these things have power that is addictive. Spaceman

Oh no he didn't. Haha. Yes in a straight line he's faster. On the trail the groomer is faster than him. Lol.

To Funny, oh my buddy space!

I had more icing on the intercooler than the two winders I ride with. By far. Our headlights are very equal. The Qs3r's are better than the qs3's. The jury is still out on the clutches. Mine is auto adjust but may ride too high on the sheave. One thing for sure is these things have power that is addictive. Spaceman

Very interesting. Great comparative info. Thanks for posting.

When I was at the cat dealer, all I heard was how much better the cat headlight was than the Winder. And how great the auto adjust is with regard to deflection and the bottom end. I told them that I had no lag and very crisp bottom end on my Sidewinder. I also had no issues at all with the headlight brightness and range on the Winder.

A-ha....now it all makes sense to me.

The cat intercooler is more suseptible to icing because he's in the back sucking dust while the winders are up ftont grabbing clean fresh air!! Lol

The picture is getting clearer! lol. Real world results are just this, there are differences between the 2 makes and all have been noted on this thread. We had 2 18 winders and the 18 Tcat that put 2300+ miles on this year all together. Bottom line is this, it's the same motor, same chassis (different shocks though), same headlight, heated seat, gauge pod, handlebars and ergos and the list goes on. One thing that is universal is the power and its very addictive!

nobodys gona address the tranny? clutches and chain cases (both) r junk on the cats - secondary dosent work - needs a stm replacement and the primarys ok except it explodes and may go through your foot, or head - they finally recalled em... why would u buy the machine with the crappy tranny... we have both - been fighting to get the cat close to the winder all season.... with a stm secondary and osp recipe in primary,,, its close but not really - top end is also higher on the SW. but seems as tho there was a cat guy on the SW assembly line - lining all winder secondary clutches up way too far outward - so were all blowing belts, if u ride hard or dont stop often ---- they need to go inward .060 or 1.5mm ---- thats another conversation, butttt just saying..

Last edited:

Back