• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Difference between SW and Thundercat

jimco_apex

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Apex
2014 XRS 800
as far as i can tell
color stickers
clutch
Skis
anything else

Not sure beyond what you listed , but if dealer support and warranty are any better than Yamaha(which would not be hard ) I'd got Cat all day long .

You can get a Tcat with or without the change on the fly shocks

as far as i can tell
color stickers
clutch
Skis
anything else

Front grill covering intercooler better on cat. Won't plug up with snow as quickly.

Headlight better too as it is not concave like the winder.

Yamaha warranty better.

Cat has more choices in clothing and accessories.

Front grill covering intercooler better on cat. Won't plug up with snow as quickly.

Headlight better too as it is not concave like the winder.

Yamaha warranty better.

Cat has more choices in clothing and accessories.

Can not disagree more on the first 2 statements Fleecer, my good buddy Spaceman has an 18 Tcat and we put 2300 + miles on together this season. His cat would ice up just as bad if not worse than what my 18 winder would, I would say for the most part not much difference at all. As for the headlight there is no difference other than the headlight housing, doesn't make the headlight better just different.

Can not disagree more on the first 2 statements Fleecer, my good buddy Spaceman has an 18 Tcat and we put 2300 + miles on together this season. His cat would ice up just as bad if not worse than what my 18 winder would, I would say for the most part not much difference at all. As for the headlight there is no difference other than the headlight housing, doesn't make the headlight better just different.

Front grill on cat might ice up, but is further away from intercooler, hence intercooler on cat won't plug up as quickly.

Headlight on winder is concave and traps snow which skews lighting.

I own a winder, but these are just my opinions based on my experience.

I do certainly respect your opinions as I see they are based on your experiences also. I hope I did not offend you.

Therefore, can we agree to disagree???

I think the Yamahas look much nicer than the Cats. I like the colors better and the small differences in the hood along with decals are sharper on the Winder.

I also feel Yamaha's warranty is very good and better than most. I know guys complain about back ordered parts and availability on Yamaha's but go on DooTalk and see they are complaining about the same thing.

Hopefully YAM will be back in 2020 with more choice, as Cat sure seems to be still offering alot of choice.

One thing I noticed about the Cats that I never knew and never seen talked about, was at the show I wanted to have a look at the Cat clutches. So i popped the side panel, and never realized their side panels are not same as winder. We have those two tabs on top, so you sorta gotta pop our side panels in before are sitting in place flush to turn the swivels.

Well on the cat, you simply put bottom tabs in(same way) then push the panel back as Cats do not have those top tabs, so it just lays back and you turn swivels....so panels go on with such ease EVERY time perfectly. Sorta thought this was nice since I have my left panel off every 2 seconds.LOL Now dont get me wrong I have become a master at exactly how to pop our winder panel on perfectly and quickly, but next time you are at the show pop a cat left panel off, and it sure is easy.

Not sure beyond what you listed , but if dealer support and warranty are any better than Yamaha(which would not be hard ) I'd got Cat all day long .
I have asked my dealer this question and they sell way more Cats than Yamaha’s and he said YAMAHA gives better support to serve his customers than Cat.

I grew up dreaming of working for Cat and riding a Thunder Cat as an up grade to my El Tigre so I was a little disappointed. But for now sticking with my Yamaha’s with YES.

This year going to focus on optimizing the Viper for 2018-19 winter.

Front grill on cat might ice up, but is further away from intercooler, hence intercooler on cat won't plug up as quickly.

Headlight on winder is concave and traps snow which skews lighting.

I own a winder, but these are just my opinions based on my experience.

I do certainly respect your opinions as I see they are based on your experiences also. I hope I did not offend you.

Therefore, can we agree to disagree???

Not offended at all Fleecer and we can agree to disagree....lol! I'm gonna have Spaceman chime in on this for his view regarding the inner cooler. He can best say what his experience is regarding this subject as he rides an 18 Tcat.

Rocker is spot on with the side panels, the cats are way easier to put back on but I like the winder detail and lines better. Once you remove and install the winder panels a few times they become easier. The winder panels have more tabs for assurance they wont blow off doing warp 125. Oh did I mention my winder is faster than the Tcat.

Back